SASS Wire Forum

Need help making .41 mag Marlin

Pee Wee #15785

What is needed to make a .41 mag Marlin?  Which would be better to rebarrel a .45 Colt or a .44 mag?  Other than a new barrel chambered for the .41 mag what other parts if any needs changed?  What bore and twest would you use so it would stabilize and shoot a heavy lead bullet?  I just ran into a 1894FG .41 mag and won't pay the price wanted for something to get used in SASS matches.  It is like NIB with only 10 rounds shot out of the first box of shells bought.  It had the box and everything that came in it.  He got $4175 for it when I turned it down.

Admittedly, this is a huge long shot, but nothing ventured nothing gained. The is a shop near me that I haven't been in for 10 or 12 years. But back when he had 3 or 4 of those on the shelf. When someone ask him why he replied, " They send them to me because they know I'm a big fan of the 41 mag." Might be worth a call.

SPS Guns

972-416-8530

40 minutes ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

What is needed to make a .41 mag Marlin?  Which would be better to rebarrel a .45 Colt or a .44 mag?  Other than a new barrel chambered for the .41 mag what other parts if any needs changed?  What bore and twest would you use so it would stabilize and shoot a heavy lead bullet?  I just ran into a 1894FG .41 mag and won't pay the price wanted for something to get used in SASS matches.  It is like NIB with only 10 rounds shot out of the first box of shells bought.  It had the box and everything that came in it.  He got $4175 for it when I turned it down.

Buy for half that on gunbroker. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

i personally think that caliber would be the perfect calliber for SASS.

41mag is perfect for everything! I hunt, plink, target shoot and even have squirrel hunted with 41 mag. Ya gotta head shoot them or no dinner for you!

Archived