SASS Wire Forum

Eas'dern Shore Round-Up - Delaware State Championship - Who's Comin?

Well, we got back from the Ides, unpacked, and the clothes are washed and repacked for our next excursion and that will be the...

Eas'dern Shore Round-Up - the 2021 Delaware State SASS Championship hosted by the Delmarva Sportsman's Association.

Dates for the match are April 30, 2021 for Side-Matches, and May 01 & 02, 2021 for the Main Match.  Always a great match, and a lot of fun.  Located in Sudlersville, MD, a measly 103 miles from home :rolleyes:, it's basically in my backyard! :P

The theme this year is Dodge City Reunion and a link to the Website that contains links to the applications is here....Eas'dern Shore Round-Up.

00086884.jpg

So, Are You Coming?

3 hours ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

You young whipper snappers with those high SASS numbers should have

some respect for your elders!

Just trying to help you get ready for EOT Pard, just trying to help. :rolleyes:

Besides, while I may be in full possession of a lot of creaks, crunches, and a rice crispy sounds in my knees, there ain't a lot of snap left and I ain't that young! 

Juvenile maybe, but certainly not young! :P

Only 5 Weeks Away!

So close, yet so far away.  Should actually be there for Side Match day this year.  My left hand, and right eye, don't seem to play together well (or maybe it was my left eye and right hand...:blink:).  Looking forward to running a few rounds through the old Rugers before the match to try and work things out.  Doubt it will do much good, but it can't hurt, much! :lol:

2 hours ago, Tom Payne 13115 said:

Yes I am!! How have ya been?? Hope all is well.

Doing as well as can be expected these days.

Physically fine, Older, but No Wiser.  :P

I even aquired a couple of harmonicas, but life has kept me hopping so much I am just happy to be able to squeeze in time to play Cowboy. 

Looking forward to seeing you at the match!

Page 3 ?!?  How the heck did this drop to Page 3?

590989939_CowboyThreadBump.thumb.jpg.5b5140a95c80e585fc6020037e800e67.jpg

There are just 21 Days until the lead starts flyin'.  Should be another great match.

Still time to join the fun, so get those applications in the mail!

On 3/25/2021 at 8:08 PM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Barleycorn, Bdoc, Gray Squirrel, and Lefty Gunslinger will be there. 

Not sure how I missed seeing your post.  I will blame old age and a mis-spent youth.  :P

Looking forward to seeing you guys again, it's been too long!

There are just 17 Days left until the match.  As of 04/04/2021 the Who's Coming List stands at 62 shooters.  Are you on there?  If not, WHY NOT?!  We're Waiting....It's gonna be great!

new_mexico_rustlers.jpg

Ammo count is done and we are good for the Round-Up!  Need to make a few more rounds to get us through MBPGA, PA State, and TVD, but we should have enough to get us through the end of the year I expect, but time will tell.  We still haven't made any big shootin' plans for the second half of 2021, but I figure I need to get through (survive? :rolleyes::lol:) TVD first, then I will worry about that.

It has been a long dry spell from Cowboy Shooting since the Ides of March and I feel like this match will never get here.  Work has been hitting me from every direction and now it's grass cutting season to boot.  Dang Nature, that stuff is everywhere!

One More Week!

I think I can make it....Maybe....I Hope!

h3.jpg

Taking a 5 min break from working on Hell house (That probably deserves its own website :o) and all I can think of is what I need to do before I go.

Brake pads and rotors are coming in tomorrow, brake job tomorrow night after the new driveway goes in at Hell House, then oil change Thursday AM, then paperwork scramble until 5:00pm, then pack for the trip.  Friday AM, it's coffee, breakfast, and hit the road.  Like to be on the road by 9:00am so we are after morning rush hour, and be at the range before 11:00am.

It's a plan (and we all know how those go), but at least it's a plan.

Oh well, break time is over, Back To Work!

1 hour ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

9 am and the rush hour is over.  What a funny guy you are!

Ever since Covid, that seems to be the case.  No school busses running, those that do go into the office leave earlier because the don't have to wait for the kids to get on the bus, and the other half are teleworking.

It's a weird world....

One.......More........Day.......

The Dodge City Peace Commission is waiting for you!

dodge-city-peace-commission.jpg

Left To Right, Standing:  W. H. Harris, Luke Short, Bat Masterson
Left To Right, Sitting:   Chas S. Basset, Wyatt Earp, H. C. Clark, Neil Brown

3 hours ago, Geronimo Jim SASS # 21775 said:

Will miss everyone.  Was really looking forward to coming but just not up to the trip.  Have fun!

Geronimo,

Who the heck is supposed to keep us whippersnappers in line if you aren't there?

One can only imagine the kinds of chaos we will get into unsupervised!

ffa5cf331797971a944b7e16f6e545ce.jpg

Hope you feel better.  Who knows, maybe by Saturday, you will be ready to go!

Just wanted to drop a note with a Big Thank You to the Eas'dern Shore Renegades and their Committee Members for an awesome match this past weekend.  Lil and I had a fantastic time, had the opportunity to visit with some folks we haven't see in a long, long, time and have a really fun shoot to boot.

Congratulations to Vaquero Dan and Hazel Pepper the overall Delaware State Champions, all the Delaware State Category Champions,  all of the Category Winners, and to overall match winners Tombstone Coty and Happy Valley Harlot.  Some fine shooting for sure!

P.S.  POSSE 4 WAS AWESOME!  You guys made being Posse Marshal effortless and I can't thank you all enough.  Special thanks to Deputy Short Stack and Big Whiskey for sharing the T.O. responsibilities, all the folks that spotted, picked brass, set targets, painted targets, and kept an eye on the unloading table.  I never had to chase down folks to assist, you all just stepped up and did what needed to be done.  It was an absolute pleasure shooting with you all!

See you all Next Year!

Archived