SASS Wire Forum

got to go home

Trigger Mike

The dr released her to go home today.  He offered to let her stay another day as she got sick again during the night but did also say that he could treat her at home with medication.  She immediately went back to her habits and swept the floor and folded laundry.  Despite my pleading she insisted on going to town and getting her own medications and buying a gift bag for someone having a birthday and taking our youngest to her dental appt and picking up our 3rd child from baseball.  by the time she got home she was weak and tired and barely moving.  I had set out a ham from the freezer but it was not thawed yet so I offered to go get something or cook whatever she wanted but she decided to cook breakfast so I cooked the eggs .  she plans on taking the kids to school tomorrow despite my telling her she needs to rest.  It's that kind of stubbornness that caused her to not let me help her off the floor the other day that caused her to fall and hit her head a second time.  

meanwhile we do need her.  I forgot the kids need a snack for school and while I made egg and sausage sandwiches since it was chapel day I se tout a dress for my daughter that is short and requires leggings and told her to get leggings on, but didn't look at her to notice she went to school with a short dress and tights.  My 9 year old came home hungry due to the lack of a snack and no drink.  

Glad to hear she's home and sad she won't listen, but that's what makes strong people, strong. Prayers still for you guys!

On 3/24/2021 at 6:33 PM, Trigger Mike said:

The dr released her to go home today.  He offered to let her stay another day as she got sick again during the night but did also say that he could treat her at home with medication.  She immediately went back to her habits and swept the floor and folded laundry.  Despite my pleading she insisted on going to town and getting her own medications and buying a gift bag for someone having a birthday and taking our youngest to her dental appt and picking up our 3rd child from baseball.  by the time she got home she was weak and tired and barely moving.  I had set out a ham from the freezer but it was not thawed yet so I offered to go get something or cook whatever she wanted but she decided to cook breakfast so I cooked the eggs .  she plans on taking the kids to school tomorrow despite my telling her she needs to rest.  It's that kind of stubbornness that caused her to not let me help her off the floor the other day that caused her to fall and hit her head a second time.  

meanwhile we do need her.  I forgot the kids need a snack for school and while I made egg and sausage sandwiches since it was chapel day I se tout a dress for my daughter that is short and requires leggings and told her to get leggings on, but didn't look at her to notice she went to school with a short dress and tights.  My 9 year old came home hungry due to the lack of a snack and no drink.  

I was married to a stubborn woman, too, for 51 years.  Is yours a redhead like mine was?

I lost my wife five years ago to stubbornness and double pneumonia because she refused to get the shot.

Next time I see her we are going to have a serious discussion about that.

Sorry to hear that.  51 years sounds like a good marriage.   She is not a red head but was born with auburn streaks in her brown hair.  

She is still not really slowing down and still has problems with her stomach but I may have stumbled on a solution.   Tonight I gave her a few swallows of red wine and she said it helps.   I imagine the antibiotics killed good bacteria as well.  Wine may help.

I told her in the morning before she eats, drink red wine.  We will see how it goes.   

Archived