SASS Wire Forum

Primers are coming back

Diamond Jake

I know a lot of you are still in dire need of primers, but they are slowly coming back.  Yesterday my son found both Small Pistol Primers and Large Pistol Primers on the shelf at Bass Pro in Nashville, and the price was only $36 per thousand.

If you have enough to get by, please be patient.  The price will go down and the shortages will go away.

2 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

What brand and in what quantities?

Imis

They were CCI.  Joe stopped in on a whim at 11 am Tuesday and asked at the counter.  They said they had large and small, didn;t say how many they had, and only sold one brick per customer.  But at least they had them.

Academy sports had small rifle primers in stock two weeks ago for $6/100, limit two sleeves per customer.

I think the sun will run out of nuclear fuel before the academy here will get a shipment. 

Wally-world? forget about it. 

Gun shows? if you want to pay out the kazoo.

Just have to wait, and hope that the supply will increase, and the price will decrease.

Meanwhile...I will shoot my flintlocks.  I don't need no stinkin' badges....err....primers!!

6 hours ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

Yes they did say they had some yesterday. They went fast. Thanks for the info it was worth a ride to get the 2 little ones out of the house and see the big fish and Grizzly. :)

You guys have big fish and a GRIZZLY? Man! The local Billy Bass Pro around here just has some salt water fish and a stuffed Canadian.

24 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

You guys have big fish and a GRIZZLY? Man! The local Billy Bass Pro around here just has some salt water fish and a stuffed Canadian.

They have a stuffed Canadian ? Just wait till the boys up north hear about that !!

31 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Hahaha!!!

11 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Bagged him during tourist season as I heard it.

They don't come to Texas to be tourists, only to buy up commercial real estate.

Archived