SASS Wire Forum

Comedy Traffic School

Yul Lose

I was talking to someone today and they mentioned that they had to go to traffic school because they got a ticket for speeding. If they went to the traffic school they’d have to pay the fine but wouldn’t lose the points. They do it on line now with the covid thing in play.

20 years or so ago I went to a comedy traffic survival class because I got a speeding ticket. The class was in La Mesa, Ca. and was taught by a comedian/musician. Within the first five minutes I kinda wished the class lasted for a month instead of two days, not only because the guy was extremely good at  making people laugh but I was sitting beside this absolutely drop dead gorgeous young lady. Well the class ended on Sunday evening, way to soon. To get your completion paperwork you had to present your drivers license to the instructor and he would verify it was really you and issue the certificate. The young lady that sat beside me was in line in front of me and I could easily tell that the picture on the drivers license that she had in her hand was not her, not even remotely similar. She handed the license to the instructor and he did a couple of double takes and asked her the address on the license and she got that wrong too. He told her to move over to the side of the room and he made a phone call and then proceeded to check my ID and issue my certificate. I got down to the parking lot and as I was getting ready to pull out of the lot a La Mesa PD car was pulling in. Taking comedy traffic survival class for someone else ended up being not so funny for her.

I've had mandated driving school four times. A joke each time. I've had company drivers training three or four times online. Actually learned a couple things.

I took Comedy Driving School in Santa Monica CA for a speeding ticket back in 1983. 

I wish there was truth in advertising...and business naming. Comedy? It wasn’t. 

Driving school? Even less so.

Terrible class to put up with. 
Cured me of going to driving school. :lol:

Went to a driving school that was taught by a CHP motorcycle officer. 

Pretty much the whole class time was spent with him telling stories of his exploits as a motor officer and the weird and humorous situations he had encountered.

We gave him a standing ovation at the end of the class!:lol:

Personally knew a guy that taught that class, not the comedy one. And wondered how on earth any class members would be able to stay awake. Ran into a few of his class members at times and asked them about it. Yep, had no idea what the class was about and couldn't stay awake.

In my much younger days, I did traffic school twice.  The first time is was a regular instructor.  Not too bad.  The second time I figured i would try a comedy one.  I was sorry I did for the full 8 hours.  They guy was trying so hard to force the funny that it was painful.  Haven't had a ticket in decades since.. knock on wood.

The last time I went to traffic school was for speeding and reckless endangerment. I told the sheriff that my horse had been stung by a hornet and that's why he ran through the saloon. :rolleyes:

Archived