SASS Wire Forum

First match in nearly a year

Widder, SASS #59054

Widder that’s great news!  I hope you feel as good or even more better after the match.  I’m also hoping you and a bunch of the other scoundrels from the Ocoee Rangers will be there next month, I’m going to be in Blue Ridge, GA and plan on attending the May 22nd match.  Now just got to convince @Tennessee williams that the match is on the 23rd :ph34r: :P

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Widder that’s great news!  I hope you feel as good or even more better after the match.  I’m also hoping you and a bunch of the other scoundrels from the Ocoee Rangers will be there next month, I’m going to be in Blue Ridge, GA and plan on attending the May 22nd match.  Now just got to convince @Tennessee williams that the match is on the 23rd :ph34r: :P

Tequila,

Thanks.   And maybe we will end up on the same posse.   Hopefully, I should be shouldering my SG

by then.   And with some good luck, I hope to be close to 'form' with it.   I can't relax and let Red Knee

kick my butt next year on the side match 97 competition..... ;)

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

Josey Wales?

I thought about Josey Wales but for now, I don't want to push myself or test my limits

by getting too involved.   I'll shoot pistols and .22 rifle and see how that feels after the match.

Doc advised that I still take things a little slow and gradually get back into my old routine.

..........Widder

Widder, best of luck to ya and don't forget to take it easy.  I may just ber shooting my first match in over a year within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm looking at the airport from my hotel window. :D

Glad your up and around Widder, sounds like you went through a rough time, have fun at the shoot however you decide to do it!  SGJ

36 minutes ago, Rough 'N Ready Rob said:

Widder,

Well how did it go shooting? hoping well. Or did you get rained out? looks like you had some bad weather out your way.

Rob

Thanks for asking.

I shot the match and earned ONLY 1 pistol miss.  Naturally, it was on the biggest target... :lol:

I didn't use the SG and collected misses for those.

I finished somewhere in the low 30's out of 40+ shooters, so I can't complain.

I had fun.   Its hard not to have fun with the Ocoee Rangers.

It didn't rain till about the last stage so basically, most of us only got a few drops on us.

Take care.

..........Widder

On 3/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Warden Callaway said:

Hi Warden, Doctor would still not allow.  I to have had by-pass surgery, the issue with the shotgun is either the recoil against the shoulder, which transfers to the chest, or the torque of shooting gun off the shoulder.  As your sternum has been wired together, extreme care has to be taken to not to break those wires until completely healed.  If you do, you may be setting yourself up for a life time of problems.

I’ll say that I’m a little disappointed that even with all those misses that you still finished in the “low 30’s”, I was hoping that I might’ve had a chance next month when I’m there to beat you :ph34r: :P.  Seriously glad to hear that everything went well, but don’t expect me to give you any breaks next month.  Looking forward to shooting with you and all the Rangers next month. 

Well Widder, I'm going to shoot my first match in a year next month. Alabama State match. So it will be my first match in a year, my first State Match, and my first match shooting Outlaw. What could possibly go wrong? Lol

Why not have substitute shotgunner - you fire your pistols/rifle and when it comes time for the SG you mosey over to position and stand there while the sub retrieves the shells from your cartridge belt, loads and fires the SG for ya. Saw that team action with Deuce and the mighty Furball.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

2 hours ago, Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L said:

Why not have substitute shotgunner - you fire your pistols/rifle and when it comes time for the SG you mosey over to position and stand there while the sub retrieves the shells from your cartridge belt, loads and fires the SG for ya. Saw that team action with Deuce and the mighty Furball.

Howdy Gunner.

I'm sure Ocoee Red would have allowed a sub SG shooter, but I really didn't care about the time, etc.....

My goal was to get outside and play a little with my Cowboy Pards/Pardettes and have some fun.

I shot my rifle and pistols casually and wanted to make sure I didn't overdo meowndangself.

I felt good the whole match, but I must admit that I sure was tired after the match and slept a little

in the truck on the way home.   

Ocoee Rangers have some fantastic Shotgunners and I would have been honored to have any of 

them sub for me.   BUT, it just wasn't that important to me.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

Ole Widder's been pulling yer string ,,,, He ain't never had a heart ...:D :lol: :P

Just foolin He's only been the a Top Pard  all the way , with one minor exception ,,,,, He keeps turning down my invite to come North a shoot with our Bunch ...

He has a open invite , and the bunkhouse is got room fer him anytime ...

Jabez Cowboy

5 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Ole Widder's been pulling yer string ,,,, He ain't never had a heart ...:D :lol: :P

Just foolin He's only been the a Top Pard  all the way , with one minor exception ,,,,, He keeps turning down my invite to come North a shoot with our Bunch ...

He has a open invite , and the bunkhouse is got room fer him anytime ...

Jabez Cowboy

Jabez,

I didn't know whether to put a 'Ha-Ha' face or a 'Thank You'.   But I did like the part

about being heartless.

My wife would also add 'Brainless' to that sometimes..... :lol:

And I would often add 'Penniless'.    :lol::lol:

If I ever venture North, you'll be the first to know and the 1st stop-over I make.

Keep em smoking.

..........Widder

Widder i'm taking that as a promise !!!

Best of Luck and may you prosper in these next years , I may be penniless soon as well as i'm Pastoring a small Church now ...

With my enumeration being a 75 bucks a month Book allowance ...

Sounds like my Wife and yours might be kindred Spirits ,, My wife says i'm Good for nothing, and Kind off Stupid ....:D 

All my best wishes to you and yours ...

Jabez 

18 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Gunner.

I'm sure Ocoee Red would have allowed a sub SG shooter, but I really didn't care about the time, etc.....

My goal was to get outside and play a little with my Cowboy Pards/Pardettes and have some fun.

I shot my rifle and pistols casually and wanted to make sure I didn't overdo meowndangself.

I felt good the whole match, but I must admit that I sure was tired after the match and slept a little

in the truck on the way home.   

Ocoee Rangers have some fantastic Shotgunners and I would have been honored to have any of 

them sub for me.   BUT, it just wasn't that important to me.

Hope you are doing well.

..........Widder

That's great - glad it worked out - but my post wasn't about "time" - it was having FUN working with working through the inconvenience. Stay healthy pard!

You would have been rolling seeing Deuce and the Mighty Furball working together in this manner - true comedians :D 

Gunner, I can assure you he had a good time. Every time I saw him he had a big "Possum Eating Grin" on his face. :D

8 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I'm kinda hoping that somebody else was driving! ;)

My Tennessee Drivers License doesn't say anything about being awake while driving.

We have a law against drinking and driving..... and we have a law about using cell phones while

driving.

But we ain't got nothing about being 'awake' while driving.

:lol:

..........Widder

39 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Gunner, I can assure you he had a good time. Every time I saw him he had a big "Possum Eating Grin" on his face. :D

Yessir - I don't doubt that.

38 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Hay Barkeep,

that big ole Possum Grin was from some overdo tender hugs from the Rangerettes.

:D

..........Widder

19 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'm sure Ocoee Red would have allowed a sub SG shooter, but I really didn't care about the time, etc..

I offered to shot the shotgun for him but he said no real fast.

16 minutes ago, Purly SASS # 57438 said:

I offered to shot the shotgun for him but he said no real fast.

I didn't want to collect 5 misses on 4 KD's..... :lol:

Plus, Purly shoots one of them SxS shotguns.  In Purly's hands, SxS means 'Slow & Slower'... 

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I didn't want to collect 5 misses on 4 KD's..... :lol:

Plus, Purly shoots one of them SxS shotguns.  In Purly's hands, SxS means 'Slow & Slower'... 

..........Widder

Ouch!

Glad you’re back Pard. Sorry I couldn’t be there.

Archived