SASS Wire Forum

The Smith Shop

Rough 'N Ready Rob

When I try to go to his old website, it forwards me to onlineoutpost.net. Seems to be an outfit which perhaps bought his stock and or designs and is now making/selling them? I've never heard of them before so it does make me a little concerned about ordering from there with the website all of a sudden forwarding like that.

Even though Bill English was retired, his website was up, selling parts, until very recently.  I don't see his modified carrier for short cartridges on that new website, so wonder if that is no longer available?

Yep, the website was re-directed to Online Outpost just a few days ago.   The Smith Shop site had been filling orders until then  (as I understand, with help from his kid(s)).   The modified lifter for toggle link short cartridges was custom made by Bill, probably upon order.  Does indeed look like existing stock went to Online Outpost.   A sad loss, but a well deserved retirement!    Enjoy, Bill!

good luck, GJ

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Even though Bill English was retired, his website was up, selling parts, until very recently.  I don't see his modified carrier for short cartridges on that new website, so wonder if that is no longer available?

This ^^^^^^

Terri at the Online Outpost has been selling cowboy gunparts for close to ten years.  She has taken on The Smith Shop's sales and most of the inventory.  She has strived to be a one stop shop for cowboy gun parts and will indeed take good care of you.

Hello everyone!  Terri Little aka Durango Trader SASS 98667.

I am taking over most of The Smith Shop from Bill English aka Happy Trails. Bill is doing great and will be keeping on his .45 carrier and still selling USFA Lightning Rifle Parts. Online Outpost sells all of our favorite CAS Gun Parts:

Pioneer Gun Works

Cowboys and Indian

Evil Roy 

Sure Hit Sights

Palo Verde Gunworks

Griner GunWorks

SliXprings

F and D Gunsmithing

Wild Bodie Tom

Hope I didn't miss someone. 

I started with Evil Roy and Wicked Felina selling gun parts and firearms about 15 years ago. When Evil Roy and Wicked Felina moved to Dublin, TX I took over their gun parts. I still work with them on their website on an almost daily basis along with Griner GunWorks. I strive to offer the best American made upgraded gun parts available for Uberti rifles and 1897 shotguns. I have worked with Bill English - The Smith Shop for many years and am looking forward to continuing selling the parts he has designed and upgraded. Please visit us at www.onlineoutpost.net or call 970-259-7795. We are located in Durango, CO. 

Might want to buy the C45S carrier now if you think you might ever need one. They work great, we have 2, but no one else makes them. But I believe in being prepared, can't have too much gun stuff! Look at all those who were caught short with the primers and such.

18 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Might want to buy the C45S carrier now if you think you might ever need one. They work great, we have 2, but no one else makes them. But I believe in being prepared, can't have too much gun stuff! Look at all those who were caught short with the primers and such.

And it would be easy to sell it later if desired.

Just FYI---- I placed an order from the new business- Online Outpost. I got the shipping notice before I got the order confirmation. Item to arrive this coming Tuesday. Dang prompt service I'd say.:FlagAm:

Archived