SASS Wire Forum

If you were playing this game

Alpo

This question shows up on gun forums all the time.

IF YOU COULD HAVE ONLY ONE

That's not the question I'm asking. I don't want to know what your choice would be if you could have only one.

My curiosity is, would you sit there and decide what would be the best choice, of everything available in the world, to be your one gun? Or would you think through the guns that you own now and choose one of them?

I was just reading a year old thread on another board about IF YOU COULD HAVE ONLY ONE, and what I specified, I do not own. I don't need one because I have other guns that do everything that would do. But if I was limited to one gun, I would want one of these.

So if you were going to play that internet mind game, would you pick from what you have now, or would you pick from what would be (in your opinion) perfect, whether you currently have one or not?

I assume if you could only own one gun it would have to be the one gun you always wanted, whether you currently own it or not. For example, if I sold every one of my firearms I could probably afford a mint, in-the-box 1930s Colt National Match .45 like I always dreamed of.

I seriously doubt anyone would simply choose a Hi-Point!

I would pick from what I have. I have experience with my guns and know my preferences.
Besides that, I have all the crap that goes with each one. Why would I choose a gun that I have no experience with, may not have ammo for, may not be set up the way I would like once I get it, not to mention holsters, magazines, etc And then there’s accuracy, creating loads for it, cussing myself for finding the most inaccurate XYZ gun in the world...

Either, I could easily choose a gun I own or I could choose something I do not currently own

I always cheat on this question and choose the Stoner 63... So I guess I'd have to say I'd choose something I don't currently own...

image.png.14ddff0d11b36250e4c151a026a12b14.png

It just seems to be my "Type"

Maybe someone just starting out might want some “grail gun” or other.  I’ve most of the ones I ever wanted.

I’m with Raylan.  I reject the premise, as well.

I believe a gun like attached to an Abrams.  Fun to own, fun to drive, fun to shoot.

So if you were going to play that internet mind game, would you pick from what you have now, or would you pick from what would be (in your opinion) perfect, whether you currently have one or not?

So getting back to the specific question, it depends on the specific circumstances. In a perfect peaceful world? (if such h a thing is possible). In current circumstances? In the Sombie Apocalypse? Foreign invasion?

Going with what I assume is the spirit of the question, if I had a choice right now, money being no object, what would I choose.

I think, as I sit here in my Lazy Boy looking at the white covered spring landscape, it might take me so long to decide that the point of owning one could be long past as I would be so old my trigger finger wouldn’t work and they wouldn’t allow my reloading gear in the rest home anyway.
But I digress. 

Given the incentive to make a speedy but well thought out decision, I would consider the guns I’ve owned or used tempered with the advice of individuals I trust who have significant experience in the field to make a final choice. 

Archived