SASS Wire Forum

For fans of the original Star Trek - behind the scenes super 8 footage.

Raylan

Never seen this before - interesting short clip narrated by a regular bit player on the series who took home Super 8 videos behind the scenes. He seems to indicate that there wasn't as much drama behind the scenes on the set as some have stated.

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I think the neatest part of that was the last few seconds. Spock smoking. :o:D

From my understanding, Nimoy was a chain smoker......it ended up killing him.

Thanks for that video , Raylan. I love Star Trek and all it’s offshoot shows. I actually belong to the Amazon “Star Trek tee shirt a month club”. 
I was joking about “Trekkies” one day and my wife says “You have no room to talk. You’re the biggest Trekkie I know.”

Well, I like the shows and wearing the tee shirts , but I am not hard core in any way. 

Anyway, that video showed the fun side of some of the actors and the making of the show. I knew that Leonard Nimoy smoked in the early days of his career, but I did not know he was such a smoker. I thank God that I quit smoking. Quitting smoking is damned hard to do. 

I got a kick out of Wm Shatner’s dog, Morgan, patrolling the set. I love Doberman Pinschers. I have never owned one. When I was a kid a lady my folks knew bred and trained Dobies. She had a female cinnamon colored dog that just loved me. We did a remodeling job at this lady’s house and this dog was at my side constantly. One day the lady said “Duchess loves you. You are her human.” That was first time I ever heard someone say say like that. She said “How would you like to have her?” My heart nearly exploded with joy. Unfortunately, my parents would not allow it. They were petrified of Dobermans. My wife is also not keen on them. 

That was a cool video. Thanks again Raylan. 

Archived