SASS Wire Forum

Please, please don't attempt to shame those who don't get a vaccine...

JD Lud

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

The president said that non-white people are stupider than white people?

I paraphrased what he said. He didn't use the word stupid but made a statement similar to what I  posted in my previous post. It was pretty much ignored by the liberal media.

Remember when he said this at an election event for Latino voters? Biden said, " Poor kids are just as bright, just as talented, as white kids.” 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I have to add to this thread is to say I have nothing to add to this thread.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I get my second injection on Friday. I don’t know what good showing a proof of vaccination card will do because you can buy fake ones on eBay and other places.

I just drove up to the little market up the road and as I was standing in the checkout line one guy was showing his “fake” vaccination card to a guy behind him. He told him he got it from the same place he got his S.S. card and drivers license. I guess a fake one is better than not having one, to some people.

44 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I just drove up to the little market up the road and as I was standing in the checkout line one guy was showing his “fake” vaccination card to a guy behind him. He told him he got it from the same place he got his S.S. card and drivers license. I guess a fake one is better than not having one, to some people.

I don't think the Covid 19 virus can read.  I've been trying to get an appointment for several weeks for the Covid shot and finally found the J&J shot available on Wednesday.  I think I'll take my chances with side effects as opposed to taking my chances with the virus.  It's a personal decision but I really don't like being sick.

Wait, I do have something to add. While I have not insulted not shamed any ant’vaccers, I have been called a sheep, a fool, and a coward for advocating getting vaccinated. It goes both ways. There’s far too much anger and disrespect in America today. I don’t know how we get it back. :(

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Wait, I do have something to add. While I have not insulted not shamed any ant’vaccers, I have been called a sheep, a fool, and a coward for advocating getting vaccinated. It goes both ways. There’s far too much anger and disrespect in America today. I don’t know how we get it back. :(

Funny thing is those making those accusations could never imagine the things that you experienced as a Green Beret and Police officer 

I apologize to anyone I offended.  Now I'd like to see an apology from those who have offended me.

I don't really expect one any more than the racial minority people who have called me a racist, or the jerks who don't agree with my religion, or the anti gunners who have called me a nazi and a murderer, the anti-war hippie pukes who called me names when I came home from almost anywhere during the Vietnam debacle....and for many years afterward....., the people who keyed my car because of political sticker or NRA , and the list goes on.

Maybe I am a bit prickly today, but this thread just punched one button too many.

And, yes, you (and a lot of others) DO have a bad attitude, but you're just like the current party in power; you will never admit to being wrong.

Sorry about that.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And damned near anything else you can think of.

No, people have been using CoVid as an excuse to take acting like an ass to a whole new level...of course most of them aren’t acting. 

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Justice intubates...

ill add my 2cents simply because the thread has merit and has sufficient responses to make it popular - i agree with the OP , this trend today of not being respectful to the thinking , wishes , decisions of others is out of hand and reminiscent of nazi germany - we dont all have to agree , we dont all have to think alike and anyone who says otherwise is an intolerant bigot ...that said , there are very good reasons for some NOT to get this vaccine , it should have no bearing on those that do since they are now "immune" right ? 

if you got your shot[s] you should be good , wear whatever mask makes you happy if you think your needing them after that , but what does that say of the immunization really ? leave everyone else alone and mind your own business , quit being a nazi  

I have no criticisms for anyone who has already got their vacination, plans to in the future or decides not to. There has been enough conflicting information, backtracking on previous recommendations and confusing info that it makes it difficult for the average person to feel confidant that they are making the best decision. 

As for myself I didn't want to get first in line deciding I'd at least want to wait a while and see what problems, if any, might come up with the initial vaccinations. Also the several different vaccines seem to be better for some groups depending on what bracket a person is in. I just got my second shingles shot and have to wait for a month to decide on which Vaccine I'll take my chance with.

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Some people can be total asses about CoVid and related issues. 

I won't say any more, but this statement is a FACT!

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Now I'd like to see an apology from those who have offended me.

If I have offended you I am sorry. 

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pat, does that mean you're going to move back somewhere close enough that we can have lunch together occasionally?

Your moving all the way up by the North Pole just for a job?  Now, THAT was offensive.  :P

15 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Pat, does that mean you're going to move back somewhere close enough that we can have lunch together occasionally?

Your moving all the way up by the North Pole just for a job?  Now, THAT was offensive.  :P

:D I am seriously considering Arizona for my retirement. Whenever this CoVid silliness settles down we plan to  go to Arizona on a scouting mission. We definitely plan to check out Prescott snd Prescott Valley. So, someday hopefully soon, we can have lunch together. Maybe in 674+ days we could have lunch on a regular basis. :)

We are also looking at Texas. Maybe the Hill Country. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

:D I am seriously considering Arizona for my retirement. Whenever this CoVid silliness settles down we plan to  go to Arizona on a scouting mission. We definitely plan to check out Prescott snd Prescott Valley. So, someday hopefully soon, we can have lunch together. Maybe in 674+ days we could have lunch on a regular basis. :)

We are also looking at Texas. Maybe the Hill Country. 

Let me know when you're coming.  I have plenty of room and board and know lots of people and stuff.

JFWIW, I have lived in a lot of places and visited even more, but when we moved here I knew I was home.  Been here 6 1/2 years and don't even remember street names, surrounding towns, and more than a few people.  It's unlikely I'll ever leave the state again except to visit my son and his family in Las Vegas.

Like the old TV ad said: "Try it.  You'll like it."  Bur you won't think you're gonna die, I promise.

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I apologize to anyone I offended.  Now I'd like to see an apology from those who have offended me.

I don't really expect one any more than the racial minority people who have called me a racist, or the jerks who don't agree with my religion, or the anti gunners who have called me a nazi and a murderer, the anti-war hippie pukes who called me names when I came home from almost anywhere during the Vietnam debacle....and for many years afterward....., the people who keyed my car because of political sticker or NRA , and the list goes on.

Maybe I am a bit prickly today, but this thread just punched one button too many.

And, yes, you (and a lot of others) DO have a bad attitude, but you're just like the current party in power; you will never admit to being wrong.

Sorry about that.

I don't know how or why I offended you. I'll admit when I'm wrong and apologize for it. I really don't believe that I have anything to apologize for. My original comments was not directed toward you in any shape or fashion and were , in fact, in response to a question Birdgun posed. 

I don't know if you were having a bad day or what. I've never called you a racist, could care less about you religious belief/affiliations and certainly would never call you names for your military service. In fact, I can only say Thank You for your service in defense of the freedoms that you (and many others like you) have bravely done for me and millions others like me.

I think that I have done my part to "protect" the masses by following mask/Covid mandates. I may not agree with them but I lawfully abided by them. Unless required by law to show my papers, I will not provide such documents upon request by business owners as I believe that I, as all American's, have the right to refuse unlawful intrusions my personal matters under the guise of "for the betterment of the people". I will not apologize for that.

If the last comment about "bad attitude" is directed toward me, let me assure you...I am NOTHING like the current party in power. I will also not stay in Florida to satisfy you or anyone else. I will travel to where I please and when I please. 

If this post offends you, well, it wasn't meant to. I am allowed my opinion just as you are.

I sincerely do wish you the best and if we were to actually meet in person, I would welcome you like a friend and fellow Patriot.

Sun

I haven't taken it....I may, or make not take it. I am watching, and seeing, how effective it is, and what are the side effects, both short, and long term. 

The vaccine was developed fast, and tested fast. Not saying that is a bad thing, not saying it won't work. I'm simply "from Missouri", on this.  

I could not care less if someone says something derogatory about my decision. That is their opinion, and their opinion, and 75 cents,  or more, will buy a soft drink (in some places). They are free to disagree with my decisions, and my lifestyle. Go for it Willie.

They do what they think best, and I do what I think best.

I'll listen to them, and then I'll make my own decisions, based on what I think is right.

I never was one to follow the majority. I take my time, and make up my own mind...especially if any form, or level, of government, is concerned. 

If me not taking it means I will not be allowed to fly, or enter a government building....so be it. I just as soon not. 

If my take on the vaccine bothers anyone, then it is their problem, not mine. I make my decisions, I accept the risk, I accept the consequences. 

The only guarantees in this life, are death, and taxes, and lying politicians. 

If they take the vaccine, and it works, then they have nothing to worry about, and my taking it, or not, won't matter.

Also...If it doesn't work, then my taking it, or not, won't matter, either. 

So...it should not matter, to them, either way, whether I take it or not. 

Dig It.

I've read every post on the two current vaccine threads and am confused why the people who have had the vaccine care about those who don't unless it is concern for the "don't haves" safety.

The tone of some of the "do haves" doesn't sound that way. It seems that they are concerned about themselves. Therefore, they are implying that they don't trust the efficacy of the vaccine they have had. This seems to justify the "have not hads" position, which, to me, is wait and see.

FYI, as I mentioned on an earlier thread, I'm in the "wait and see" camp. :ph34r: 

Christian legend has it that when the Apostle John was an very old man, he would be carried before a congregation to speak.  John had not much strength left and could only get out very few words.  His words were, "Little children, love one another."

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I've read every post on the two current vaccine threads and am confused why the people who have had the vaccine care about those who don't unless it is concern for the "don't haves" safety.

The tone of some of the "do haves" doesn't sound that way. It seems that they are concerned about themselves. Therefore, they are implying that they don't trust the efficacy of the vaccine they have had. This seems to justify the "have not hads" position, which, to me, is wait and see.

FYI, as I mentioned on an earlier thread, I'm in the "wait and see" camp. :ph34r: 

Allie

As a "do have" and have had (1/2 anyway) the vaccine, I don't know if the choice was correct or not. Only time will tell if there is hidden and unseen side effect or not. I have gambled that there is none or at least that they are minimal.

Two years ago, I would have scoffed at the vaccine. However, after spending 10 days in the hospital in October 2019 with bacterial pneumonia which led to greatly reduced lung function in both lungs, I felt that the vaccine was the best choice for me in the given options. The options being, take my chances with the vaccine with at least a fighting chance of immunity against getting the virus or take my chances without the vaccine and that my chances of survival were slim if I got the virus.

I've already went through not being able to breathe and struggle for every breath. I sure as hell didn't and don't want to do that again.

I can't fault anyone for not taking or taking the vaccine nor would I degrade anyone for either choice. The choice is purely a personal decision and should not be any one's business but themselves and their doctors. That is why I would not and will not provide proof of vaccination to a individual complete stranger or business owner....it's none of their business.

I don't know what the future holds for the folks that have received the vaccine or the folks that didn't. I've chosen my path just as everyone has to chose their own.

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

f3b7131e812c737b056156621d340ba5.jpg

3 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I have no concerns about the vaccine. I had covid-19 this summer and DO NOT want it again. I didn’t get as sick as a lot of people do but the 2 1/2 days of excruciating body aches are a reminder to not get it again. My doctor said I didn’t need the vaccine because I already had the virus but others in the family in the medical field encouraged me to get it. I lost my sense of smell except for a sickening Balistol like smell every waking hour for about 3 weeks, I’m sure glad that went away. About two months ago I was at a match and someone was using Balistol near me and I about lost my breakfast. Since my covid Illness my shop time has diminished from 8-10 hours a day to 3-5 hours a day because my stamina has not returned. After a match I’m just plumb worn out and pre covid I would have shot another match if there was one. My wife just returned from getting her first injection. She never got the virus when I had it and we didn’t do anything different, no masks or separation in the house. My doctor says he believes certain blood types are very covid resistant, maybe someday we’ll find out if that’s true.

• 3 weeks later...

I got to thinking about this as it seems about every day in the news something with the vaccine related problems pops it’s head up....wrong mix manufactured, labeled wrong, blood clots, not effective, etc etc...

Keep in mind this is making the news despite the fact the media is downplaying any adverse impact of vaccines and overplaying Covid impact.

again, not judging anyone for getting it based on circumstances, but as I see more and more calls for vaccine passports and no fly lists please continue to consider those that chose not to take the greater perceived risk.

On 3/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Prayer!

On 3/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, Hashknife Cowboy said:

It is kind of like the flu vaccine, it is a personal choice.

When we visited my 97 YO MIL on 4/3/2021, I asked my niece (nurse practitioner) why I should get a Covid shot when I've never had any other Flu shots. Basically, she said because of my age.  That is the same reason for any flu shot along with pre-existing conditions.

BTW, our PC physician recommended the J&J (or that type for Hubby) and now it has been pulled.

I'm still not sure what I'll do. I am definitely not trying to shame anyone.

Archived