SASS Wire Forum

Please, please don't attempt to shame those who don't get a vaccine...

JD Lud

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Polio and smallpox are both viruses.  I only got one shot for those decades ago.

I got a Salk shot then a few years later they gave us a Sabin on a sugar cube.

We never had the smallpox/polio single-shot. Hadn't heard of that.

16 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I got a Salk shot then a few years later they gave us a Sabin on a sugar cube.

We never had the smallpox/polio single-shot. Hadn't heard of that.

I agree. Smallpox wasn't a shot. They put the vaccine on my arm and then stabbed me and scratched me with a needle a bunch of times, to make sure that the disease got underneath the skin. Scar about the size of a dime.

Never got a polio shot. Red liquid on a sugar cube. And it wasn't a one-time thing. It was at least twice, and I think it was three times.

12 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Polio and smallpox are both viruses.  I only got one shot for those decades ago

The difference here is those vaccines were developed and tested over years with well documented side effects before being released to the pubic. COVID developed and released in what 8 months. During research I found the fasted any vaccine had been submitted and approved for public use was 2 years. This vaccine is approved for emergency use. It has not been approved formally by the FDA or CDC. The side effects are not fully known. Like J&J and the oh crap blood clot moment.

Irish,  you make a good point about vaccine development but over 3 million worldwide dead including 600,000 American families would have hoped for an even faster vaccine. There are 266,000,000 American guinea pigs plus the folks in the trials who are your test subjects. I’m 70 and have had my shots along with my son, daughter in law and grandson. The world didn't have 2 years to wait to develop a vaccine. I guess by next spring 2 years will have passed and if we’ve not turned into zombies or grown a third eye you’ll take a couple shots? Stay safe. 

Haha all this and I just realized in WA state they followed CDC and removed mask guidelines for fully vaccinated.  They have no plans to issue state guidance on a vaccine card or passport apparently from a quote from The governor and are leaving it up to businesses...which at this time are taking everyone’s word for it.  

I think this will pretty much be the beginning of the end of masks and the issue will go away....woohoo

28 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

Haha all this and I just realized in WA state they followed CDC and removed mask guidelines for fully vaccinated.  They have no plans to issue state guidance on a vaccine card or passport apparently from a quote from The governor and are leaving it up to businesses...which at this time are taking everyone’s word for it.  

I think this will pretty much be the beginning of the end of masks and the issue will go away....woohoo

NM has thrown out masks outdoors....if vaxxed...:ph34r:

You know, this thread has made me think....I'm going to get a cheap necklace and put one of my old dog's rabies shot tag on it. It'll serve three purposes. Everyone will know that I've had my shots, the dog catcher won't care if I run loose and the cats will be able to hear me sneaking up on them. Win, Win situation.

20210515_203247.jpg

The Honor System:  Those vaccinated don't have to wear masks.  Those not vaccinated are expected to wear masks.

Well, expecting folks who have not been vaccinated to wear masks is futile.

It's my observation that folks who aren't going to be vaccinated also don't believe in wearing masks.

13 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

NM has thrown out masks outdoors....if vaxxed...:ph34r:

I just about every state with a democrat governor has now . Joe said it’s ok , they can’t think for themselves. 
Personally I could care less if someone wants to wear a mask or not . And I’m glad they are lifting it . But I would like to know the medical reasoning for this being the appropriate time . 
My guess is there isn’t any 

13 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

It's my observation that folks who aren't going to be vaccinated also don't believe in wearing masks.

Some of us are following the science, not the politics. 

If you have already had the Covid, the science says the chances of getting it again are negligible. Since you no longer have it, you can't pass it to somebody else. If I'm not going to get it again, and I can't spread it, I don't need the shot, and I don't need to mask.

The CDC, WHO, and the rest long ago ceased being about health, but are all about politics. Fauchi has been trying to remain relevant since the 80s when he was trying to tell us that if a cure for AIDS wasn't found soon, we would all die. The rest are no better. They are just politicians at BEST thinking that the rest of us are merely their subjects, and are too stupid to think for ourselves. 

At WORST, they are using the Covid to convince us that we should simply do as they say and not question authority. If we do so, where will it take us? What does history tell us?

Birdqun, if you're in Tucson, and see a fat guy wearing a black Marine Corps soft cover, carrying a 1911 and no mask, stop and say "Howdy".  

14 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I have no intention whatsoever of getting the C19 shot.
IMO, this is a political weapon pushed by a little rodent who has lost all credibility.
I am a 100% supporter of true vaccination.. and 100% against political tools and overreach.
We wear a face mask in the locations where it is expected.

My dad was a doctor, and two of my daughters are nurses working around C19.
The primary means of avoiding infection is by frequent and proper hand washing.
Dad used to pound it into me as a kid, "keep your damn hands outa your face."

The mask does not prevent infection... it is a barrier to the airborne snot that carries the bug.
The typical mask does not cover the eyes.. it is only a barrier for the snotties who sneeze and spew droplets.

image.misc.sneeze.002.360.jpg

It’s funny that the “honor system” is in place.  If it was really this serious and deadly, do you think so many states would just instantly shut off the mandates without a prior plan and say “go use honor system”?  Again it just proves the point...they know it’s not going to make a difference on who masks as long as the vulnerable are vaccinated and that it would be a huge fight otherwise.  This way they just hand it over to the retailers, who don’t want to divide their customers.  It will all be blown over in a month with this plan and quietly goes away.

until this falls booster is due then it can start again

On 5/14/2021 at 10:32 AM, Baltimore Ed said:

I guess by next spring 2 years will have passed and if we’ve not turned into zombies or grown a third eye you’ll take a couple shots?

The issue is, there has been a full cycle of pregnancies since they started the injections. And it's been mostly those who are too old to get pregnant. We won't see that for another 9 months or more as they inject people in that age category.

read this, the CDC even says the vaccines are what you think they are.  https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

The whole vaccinated and no masks and unvaccinated thing is a crap storm. We went to the movies last night. You know where you wear a mask to get in, then take your seat and no mask.

I'm walking out last night, no mask, a "kid" usher type with a mask on says, 'sir, mask' and points to his. I say I'm vaccinated! The look on his face was total confusion. And I''m not vaccinated so what or how are they going to enforce this? If someone asks to see my vaccine card I will politely tell them to ESAD!

1 minute ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

The whole vaccinated and no masks and unvaccinated thing is a crap storm. We went to the movies last night. You know where you wear a mask to get in, then take your seat and no mask.

I'm walking out last night, no mask, a "kid" usher type with a mask on says, 'sir, mask' and points to his. I say I'm vaccinated! The look on his face was total confusion. And I''m not vaccinated so what or how are they going to enforce this? If someone asks to see my vaccine card I will politely tell them to ESAD!

Integrity. It's a noun, perhaps you should look up the definition.

9 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Integrity. It's a noun, perhaps you should look up the definition.

I know the definition. But I also know I have the right to make my own decisions and to act accordingly. How about applying "integrity" to all those who complete their income tax with 100% honesty. 

I had my 2nd Moderna shot one month ago as did my wife. The only side effects that we have had is she was very tired for s couple of days. She slept a lot. I did not have that reaction. 
Both have us kept gettIng mild headaches every couple of days for about 3 weeks. That was it. 

Do I feel confident that I am safe from CoVid? Yes and no, but I take my vitamins and supplements. I still wear a mask indoors at stores but not outdoors. That’s just silly unless in a crowd. 
The control freak that’s the Governor here is going to “allow” people to go maskless on June 15th. Why then? No idea. He’s an idiot. 

16 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

You know, this thread has made me think....I'm going to get a cheap necklace and put one of my old dog's rabies shot tag on it. It'll serve three purposes. Everyone will know that I've had my shots, the dog catcher won't care if I run loose and the cats will be able to hear me sneaking up on them. Win, Win situation.

20210515_203247.jpg

Cypress Sun, that is hilarious. I may do the same. :lol:

I think the CDC dropped the ball and jumped the gun this week. Don’t know if it was political pressure or what. Without a mandatory vaccination of  ‘x’ % vaccinated in a given state as the criteria for the elimination of mask protocols I see another wave of illness coming. People are still being infected. People who are anti mask are also anti vax, even during the height of infections they refused to wear a mask. The scary part to me are the variants which will continue to evolve in the huge pools of covid infection overseas but will be easily imported into our country and infect those who don’t get a vax or even take minimal precautions. When covid mutates enough that the present vaccines are ineffective against it we will get to do this whole thing over again. Look at tuberculosis for example, the old strain was defeated by antibiotics but this new strain is resistant. BTW, everyone in my family except my 10 yr old granddaughter are fully vaxed.Stay safe. 

It’s going to be like the flu shot....those who need will have to get every year...updated versions for each common strain etc.  don’t see a way around it....hoping flu and Covid get combined in one shot 

55 minutes ago, Baltimore Ed said:

People who are anti mask are also anti vax, even during the height of infections they refused to wear a mask

Wow, thats about the most inaccurate comment you could make. I wore a mask when a business mandated it. I and my children have gotten the vaccines that had extensive clinical trials with well documented side effects. As in polio, small pox chicken pox, measles etc.

These vaccines have not gone through extensive clinical trials. The people who are in the category of able to have children have not been vaccinated...yet. Children haven't been vaccinated yet. So who knows?

Here's the CDC saying they vaccine doesn't provide immunity. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

I’ve also worn my mask everywhere and probably where I didn’t need to. I also waited a while before getting my moderna shots as I’m 70, healthy, retired, living alone and figured on letting others who needed it more be first. I apologize in my generalization, how about if I say- people who are anti mask tend to also be anti covid vaccine. Hoping we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and not the headlight of another train. Stay safe.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:32 AM, Baltimore Ed said:

I guess by next spring 2 years will have passed and if we’ve not turned into zombies or grown a third eye you’ll take a couple shots? Stay safe. 

Since I already had it and it DIDN'T kill me, I won't need the shot even then.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Ed said:

how about if I say- people who are anti mask tend to also be anti covid vaccine.

Because I'm already immune, as is EVERYBODY who has had Covid. I've heard more reports, mostly about politicians who who STRONGLY advocate vaccine AND mask, who have tested positive AFTER getting the vaccine, than I have people getting reinfected.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:44 AM, JD Lud said:

"6. Make vaccines mandatory for entrance into Cracker Barrel - Hit 'em where it hurts."

Umm, shouldn't that be Waffle House?

6 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Irish ike, I'm a very flawed man myself, but that just ain't right.  It's lying to a kid.  And that's not right.

41 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Irish ike, I'm a very flawed man myself, but that just ain't right.  It's lying to a kid.  And that's not right.

As opposed to lying to an adult. Which is okay? :lol:

Archived