SASS Wire Forum

Please, please don't attempt to shame those who don't get a vaccine...

JD Lud

14 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Basically, she said because of my age. 

About 15 years ago, (I was 52 at the time), I was seeing a Dr. because of an infection of some sort. When she asked what meds I was taking, she was surprised when I told he none. She then told me I should start taking a Baby Aspirin every day. When I asked why, she informed me that a man my age should be on SOME type of medication. 

I don't see her anymore, and I still don't take anything more than vitamins.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Just curious:  isn't demanding to see your vaccination card (medical history) a HIPPA violation?

Just to be an acronym nazi, it is HIPAA.

And not necessarily. HIPAA prevents your medical provider releasing your medical information to unauthorized people. Your insurance provider is authorized by you.

Also, just as one example, schools can require proof of a negative TB test before working with students. So, you are offered a job or accepted for volunteer work and come up positive... Not a violation.

And employers can require a negative drug test as a condition of employment.

I could see a gray area in certain cases. If one can not be immunized due to a pre-existing allergy or religious tenet... And if passports were required... Should the religious or medical prohibition be disclosed or should those people be issued the same passport as if they were immunized?

Thank you for being the acronym Nazi.

In my computer business, I gave up servicing doctors and medical clients.
The risk of being sued over HIPAA (I got it right this time) breaches is for too high for any reward I earned from my labor.

A negative drug test or TB test is out of context.. it does not release medical history, just a test result.
This would be the same as a C19 antibody test.
I'm the Context Nazi < grin >

I don't have a dog in the fight, other than I have no urgent need to get vaccinated for a bug that kills 1.78% of those diagnosed.  For me, the C19 injection is political in nature as it bypassed the rigorous and lengthy testing required of other meds.  In short, the C19 MRNA process is a Version 1.0 product.

In the end, the gov't will do what they damn well please.
I figure it will be vaccination passports, proof of vaccination for employment, proof to enter public buildings and schools, proof required to travel, etc.

So far, Americans still have the freedom of choice.
So far.

5 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

About 15 years ago, (I was 52 at the time), I was seeing a Dr. because of an infection of some sort. When she asked what meds I was taking, she was surprised when I told he none. She then told me I should start taking a Baby Aspirin every day. When I asked why, she informed me that a man my age should be on SOME type of medication. 

I don't see her anymore, and I still don't take anything more than vitamins.

me too , and i dont plan on taking any medication until its needed and even then ill be looking very close at what , why , and how long , i believe the body was meant to correct for most things with its own mechanisms , 

ill not fault those on medications for the things the body cant correct , im just not looking to go there till absolutely necessary 

I attended a Masonic teleconference tonight about opening lodges in CA.
Vaccination or 72-hour test is mandatory for admission into the lodge.
Attendance registration is mandatory, along with assigned seating for social distancing.
Masks are mandatory.
The issue of sterilizing the lodge after each meeting remains unresolved.

These are CA state mandatory rules, which our lodges have to follow in order to re-open.
As a consequence, I resigned my officer position tonight and will not be attending lodge while these rules are in force. 

This is something I feel quite strongly about.
This is government overreach, pure and simple.

This is how it will be going down.
"Show me your papers"

Just got my second shot yesterday. Sore arm and nothing but the usual aches and pains when I get up!:lol:

I have not and will not take any Coved19 shot .

It's a 98% survival rate first of all.

I'm not going to be a ginnie pig for a Farmasudacal company to experiment on .

There are already recalling the Johnson & Johnson shot .

51% of the Medical community refused to take a Coved19 shot.

If a person has the right in this Country to have a abortion and say it's my body and my right to abort a baby. 

Then I have the right to say it's my body and my right to not take your vaccine ! 

So Saith The Rooster Screenshot_20191214-165650_Photos.thumb.jpg.2e8eee100556735a5b23a0ee4d6973a8.jpg

1 hour ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I have not and will not take any Coved19 shot .

It's a 98% survival rate first of all.

I'm not going to be a ginnie pig for a Farmasudacal company to experiment on .

There are already recalling the Johnson & Johnson shot .

If a person has the right in this Country to have a abortion and say it's my body and my right to abort a baby. 

Then I have the right to say it's my body and my right to not take your vaccine ! 

So Saith The Rooster Screenshot_20191214-165650_Photos.thumb.jpg.2e8eee100556735a5b23a0ee4d6973a8.jpg

Interesting stats. What was the source if I may ask? And the survival rate is complicated. Several factors factors such as age, overall health and pre existing conditions need to be considered.

I tracked those numbers for a full year using gov't provided numbers.
The final death percentage after 12 months (march to march) was 1.78% of all diagnosed cases.

32 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I tracked those numbers for a full year using gov't provided numbers.
The final death percentage after 12 months (march to march) was 1.78% of all diagnosed cases.

The three leading causes of death in the year 2020 were:

Heart Disease                         690,882

Cancer                                     598,932

COVID 19                                345,323

Down at number nine we find:

Influenza and Pneumonia        53,495

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778234

Now, we can play around with statistics all day. But when something comes out of the blue and jumps up that high, and I can do something to prevent it, I think I'll opt to play it safe. 

I also 

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I looked and saw statistics all over the place on this. I didn't see anything as high as 51%. The thing I did notice, is that physicians and those with more advanced education tend to be far more likely to want to take a vaccine than others in the "medical community," which is a nebulous term. Anecdotally, I have a couple of friends that are physicians, one of my closest friends in life is a Physician's Assistant with his Masters from Northwestern, I count among friends and family several nurses with Masters in Nursing, as well as family and friends within the scientific community. Not one of them has said they would not take a vaccine when available. They wanted it for their families, and urged me to get mine. This doesn't include my family doctor, who advised the same.

I won't "shame" anyone for not getting a vaccination. It is their choice, and I am libertarian enough to say that is what matters. I just hope their choice is well informed, in consultation with their trusted medical professional. I've known people who have died of the illness, and others affected by the deaths of loved ones. I prefer to avoid that in my case.

After reading through this thread two things come to mind.

1) The hate and discord that we see in our society today has only been compounded by the tool which we are all communicating through, the internet. It has become to easy for anyone to spout hate from their minds via a keyboard onto a social media platform, a news site comment board or even a forum. Prior to the internet taking over our lives, if you were an ass to someone, there was a good chance you'd get a good pop in the mouth. That alone kept people's tongues in check, now you can set behind a monitor of phone screen and run your mouth with no consequences.

2) There is an absolute lack of faith in this world. As a Believer (and I sincerely hope and pray for all of you to join me), I know that no matter what I do in this world, I can't extend my life by one millisecond longer once my ticket for that train bound for glory is punched. Covid, the vaccine, car accident, gored by a billy goat. When it's my time, it's my time. Instead of "shaming" those wanting the vaccine or "shaming" those who don't, our efforts and energy would be much better spent simply being good to each other.

SASS is a second family (or their only family) for a lot of us. Let's put our differences aside and pay attention to answering the question that really is important: ".38s or .45s?"

2 hours ago, Flatwater Monte said:

After reading through this thread two things come to mind.

1) The hate and discord that we see in our society today has only been compounded by the tool which we are all communicating through, the internet. It has become to easy for anyone to spout hate from their minds via a keyboard onto a social media platform, a news site comment board or even a forum. Prior to the internet taking over our lives, if you were an ass to someone, there was a good chance you'd get a good pop in the mouth. That alone kept people's tongues in check, now you can set behind a monitor of phone screen and run your mouth with no consequences.

2) There is an absolute lack of faith in this world. As a Believer (and I sincerely hope and pray for all of you to join me), I know that no matter what I do in this world, I can't extend my life by one millisecond longer once my ticket for that train bound for glory is punched. Covid, the vaccine, car accident, gored by a billy goat. When it's my time, it's my time. Instead of "shaming" those wanting the vaccine or "shaming" those who don't, our efforts and energy would be much better spent simply being good to each other.

SASS is a second family (or their only family) for a lot of us. Let's put our differences aside and pay attention to answering the question that really is important: ".38s or .45s?"

The pards here in the saloon will argue the time of day, the type of bourbon, the best breed of dawg, hottest state, best shotgun, tastiest steak, and best fly Rod. And we have been doin it for years.

I will argue vaccines, stats, masks, and lockdowns with them here in a non ad hominem fashion all day. Something I could never accomplish on the Internet. Because we’re family here. 

Curiously Doc, polls show medical personnel at hospitals where not mandated with over 50% opting not to take and in cases over 60%.

like you said though, numbers all over heck.  And we don’t all need to agree, just agree to disagree:)

I found it interesting when I asked a soon to graduate nursing student if they had had the vaccine or were they required to get it.  He said, the hospitals can not require it for employment as it’s still classified as experimental.  They can for other vaccines which are no longer experimental.   He was undecided as of yet although they are getting pressure to get it, but not fact based, instead they are hit with emotional arguments.  

I don't think it's a big deal. If you don't want to get the vaccine, don't get it. We did, and I'm glad of it.

Like my motto here, from Benjamin Disraeli: "Never complain; never explain."

Don't need to explain why you don't get it. But don't complain about the consequences, including travel and all the rest....

"..Don't need to explain why you don't get it. But don't complain about the consequences, including travel and all the rest......"

ill go with that , ill live with that - or not , if God decides my choice was wrong ,

everyone in "this country" has a choice and the freedom to make it , right or wrong , we dont have the choice to decide for others 0 so far , i for one dont want that burden on my conscience , but ,,i have and will continue to defend that right for all no matter what your choice is because we are free people -so far- i want it to stay that way , 

i respect all that differ with my thinking and ill never take your right to choose from you , after all , you may be right - time will tell , 

Well, I am getting shot #2 tomorrow. I don’t care if people think there’s a conspiracy or the government is trying to kill us or that the Bikderbergers want everyone dead so there’s only 500,000 people on the planet. Whatever the hell that does for anyone...

I had a guy at an Easter get together tell me the RNA based vaccine will change my RNA which will change my DNA and will either turn me into a zombie or the DNA change will alter my mind and turn me into a mindless liberal. :lol:

I almost had no words...almost. 
I said “If I am a zombie I won’t know it. So, cool! No more problems. If I turn into a mindless liberal then I am sure I won’t remember anything and I will be happy ‘cause it’ll be all koombayah, smokin’ dope and having fun...what’s not to like?”

I was too much for him. He moved on to annoy someone else. 

I am pretty much sick of all the conspiracy horse sh...stuff and all the manipulative sonsofbees trying to make money from spinning me up with these emails and fake news. 

I get shot Two tomorrow. If I turn into a zombie I am sure someone will shoot me. If I turn into a mindless liberal...please leave me alone to enjoy my bliss. If I die? I’ll be dead. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I am getting shot #2 tomorrow. I don’t care if people think there’s a conspiracy or the government is trying to kill us or that the Bikderbergers want everyone dead so there’s only 500,000 people on the planet. Whatever the hell that does for anyone...

I had a guy at an Easter get together tell me the RNA based vaccine will change my RNA which will change my DNA and will either turn me into a zombie or the DNA change will alter my mind and turn me into a mindless liberal. :lol:

I almost had no words...almost. 
I said “If I am a zombie I won’t know it. So, cool! No more problems. If I turn into a mindless liberal then I am sure I won’t remember anything and I will be happy ‘cause it’ll be all koombayah, smokin’ dope and having fun...what’s not to like?”

I was too much for him. He moved on to annoy someone else. 

I am pretty much sick of all the conspiracy horse sh...stuff and all the manipulative sonsofbees trying to make money from spinning me up his emails and fake news. 

I get shot Two tomorrow. If I turn into a zombie I am sure someone will shoot me. If I turn into a mindless liberal...please leave me alone to enjoy my bliss. If I die? I’ll be dead. 

I've had my second shot, no problems there. I also don't mind turning into a zombie but have to wonder if there will be enough brain matter left to eat if you turn liberal also. 

8 hours ago, JD Lud said:

Curiously Doc, polls show medical personnel at hospitals where not mandated with over 50% opting not to take and in cases over 60%.

like you said though, numbers all over heck.  And we don’t all need to agree, just agree to disagree:)

Can you link to the polls? Do they define "medical personnel?" Do they include the percentage of physicians taking the vaccine? Not being contrary, last night I didn't see figures that high when I looked.

Yes, so long as we can disagree respectfully, all is good.

I got my 2nd shot 2 days ago . Guess I just don’t see it as a big deal , the company I retired from used to offer the flu shot and I got that every yr . Also had chickenpox as a kid and I’ve been thinking about getting the shingles shot . I remember when my grandmother used to get it she was miserable. 
From what they have done for things like TB and Polio I guess I just have a good association with vaccines. If this goes like I am legend I guess I’m a vampire, we all have different paths in life 

I'm allergic to seafood.Anything that comes from salt water causes severe reactions,and those reactions are cumulative.Each reaction is worse than the last.

The first caveat concerning the vaccines were for those people allergic to shellfish and seafood.So keeping that in mind, I have decided to not have the vaccine. 

Contracting the virus is a maybe.Having a reaction to the wrong medication is for sure.

I don't like the odds.

Choctaw

28 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

I'm allergic to seafood.Anything that comes from salt water causes severe reactions,and those reactions are cumulative.Each reaction is worse than the last.

The first caveat concerning the vaccines were for those people allergic to shellfish and seafood.So keeping that in mind, I have decided to not have the vaccine. 

Contracting the virus is a maybe.Having a reaction to the wrong medication is for sure.

I don't like the odds.

Choctaw

Exactly.

I know several people who cannot get the yearly influenza shot just due to how they respond to it. Every time they have had it they get quite ill. Just based on how they react to that vaccination has already determined how they're no way in hell going to try a coronavirus vaccination. They'll take their chance with cv19.

57 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Exactly.

I know several people who cannot get the yearly influenza shot just due to how they respond to it. Every time they have had it they get quite ill. Just based on how they react to that vaccination has already determined how they're no way in hell going to try a coronavirus vaccination. They'll take their chance with cv19.

My wife cannot take the annual flu vaccine because it is “egg based”. It makes her very sick. She was afraid of the CoVid vaccine because of this but the CoVid vaccine is not egg based. She had the normal reactions most folks get from her first shot, though she isn’t looking forward to our next shot. 

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The pards here in the saloon will argue the time of day, the type of bourbon, the best breed of dawg, hottest state, best shotgun, tastiest steak, and best fly Rod. And we have been doin it for years.

I will argue vaccines, stats, masks, and lockdowns with them here in a non ad hominem fashion all day. Something I could never accomplish on the Internet. Because we’re family here. 

No we will not argue about those things! Come on man!  :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife cannot take the annual flu vaccine because it is “egg based”. It makes her very sick. She was afraid of the CoVid vaccine because of this but the CoVid vaccine is not egg based. She had the normal reactions most folks get from her first shot, though she isn’t looking forward to our next shot. 

Oh great, now I'm gonna be a mindless, liberal, egg laying zombie. Won't be long before they start asking "Why did the vaccine receiver cross the road"?

In reading the OP I agree with most of it. We ought not attempt to "Shame" those that choose to not get vaccinated. In this case it is their choice to get or not get vaccinated. But, it is MY RIGHT to choose to not associate closely with someone in that group. That person has no right to move into my space.... the key here is "MY SPACE". Most intelligent people make their choices based upon the "so-called" facts they have.  Making a key choice based upon your emotional state is, IMO, a poor way to choose. Letting someone "Goad" you into getting your back up and then making a poor choice will usually turn out for the worse. The OP makes a very good point of conflicting evidence, selective reporting and just plain outright lying. This is NOT exclusive to the COVID situation. Heck... just look at the way Gun Control and Anti-Gun Control advocates just outright lie about things. Both side make false claims, and look how many ignorant folks just read it and then charge down the road waving the banner. The Covid is no different. Dr Fauci has taken just about every position available at one time or another. So the bottom line here is this. Get your facts straight. Don't just listen to someone that is telling you what you want to hear and then run with it. CHECK IT OUT!  Take care of YOU. Offering advice and trying to force it down someone's throat are two different things.   JMO

If you get the vaccine and I don't, how am I a threat to your health?

My decision to not get the vaccine is based on facts. It was approved for emergency use. They have not formally been approved by the FDA.

An emergency approved vaccine has now been pulled from use because it was causing severe problems.

This virus is like the flu virus, it will evolve and the vaccine's will have to change to match that. So the vaccine you're getting now may not protect you from the variants already in place and future variants.

The survival rate of 98.7% has been published all over the media.  

40 minutes ago, Cider Creek Shootist said:

45's

45s. Yes!!!!!!!

44-40 a close second.

:D

As a person who is "at risk" because of underlying medical conditions, both my Internist and my Cardiologist said, "Get it!".  So I did.  Got the 2nd Pfizer shot on April 1st  (April Fools Day!?)  :huh:   I was pleased to not have any reaction beyond a (very mildly) sore injection site.

Since I plan on attending several large matches this year and Saturday night dinners, I feel right about having done it.   I wouldn't ask anyone else if they got it, none of my business.  I'm going to presume, (until they prove themselves otherwise), that other people are reasonably intelligent, have considered it, and made the decision that's right for them.

I got a call yesterday,  caller was unsomethingorother so I  didn't answer.  Got home from work and saw I had a voice-mail, "Hi Joseph this is the ******,,, COVID vaccine Clinic calling in regards to your appointment on Monday at 3:10 PM. It does need to be moved to the morning if you could please give us a call at ********* that is our supervisor's phone number and she will be able to help facilitate rescheduling you but you will be needing to be moved to that morning and we will talk to you soon. Again it's ********."   Called back and left a message that it wasn't possible as I had scheduled some time off Monday afternoon for it.

I got the return call this morning about 1000.  First I  said,  "Sure. I can be there at 6."  "We won't have anyone there that early," said the woman.   Then I  asked just why it had to be moved.  "Our allotment was cut and we don't want to have people waiting around for like 5 people. "  I didn't comment about everyone having problems these days.   Moved it to Tuesday.  I  expect that I will get a call tomorrow telling me that I have to change again.   I'll give them the choice of 0600, coming down and giving me the shot at work,  or sending someone to my place in the evening after I get home. 

Even before the COVID stuff hit I was getting fed up with what I  see as the rather high handed, we are demigods, attitude of so many in the health care industry.   

46 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I got a call yesterday,  caller was unsomethingorother so I  didn't answer.  Got home from work and saw I had a voice-mail, "Hi Joseph this is the ******,,, COVID vaccine Clinic calling in regards to your appointment on Monday at 3:10 PM. It does need to be moved to the morning if you could please give us a call at ********* that is our supervisor's phone number and she will be able to help facilitate rescheduling you but you will be needing to be moved to that morning and we will talk to you soon. Again it's ********."   Called back and left a message that it wasn't possible as I had scheduled some time off Monday afternoon for it.

I got the return call this morning about 1000.  First I  said,  "Sure. I can be there at 6."  "We won't have anyone there that early," said the woman.   Then I  asked just why it had to be moved.  "Our allotment was cut and we don't want to have people waiting around for like 5 people. "  I didn't comment about everyone having problems these days.   Moved it to Tuesday.  I  expect that I will get a call tomorrow telling me that I have to change again.   I'll give them the choice of 0600, coming down and giving me the shot at work,  or sending someone to my place in the evening after I get home. 

Even before the COVID stuff hit I was getting fed up with what I  see as the rather high handed, we are demigods, attitude of so many in the health care industry.   

Well, things are different where you are. You have my sympathies

Archived