SASS Wire Forum

Floods in NSW Australia

LW McQuade

Just got off the phone with my cousin who lives just outside of Sydney Australia,  who was describing the massive flooding that is happening in New South Wales.  She is in a safe area except for the invasion of thousand of spiders looking for dry ground.

BBC news

So prayers up for all the Australian pards and their families that are being affected by these floods

Thanks, I am on the Hawkesbury River so I am right in the middle of it.

My house is OK but I had to drive into the closest suburb I could get to to pick up some Heart Meds and hay for a neighbour who is flooded in.

In the last photo the bridge on the right is the same one that's under water

mudislnd rd.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Stay safe Major..starting to be a lot of water up here in Queensland, we are ok on high ground but if rain continues will probably be flooded in..oh I should say just me as my wife is up on the Sunshine Coast & it's bucketing down there, can't complain as it's been pretty dry around these parts.

Praying for y'all here

8 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Is that the area that had the huge fires about two years ago? Or was it last year?  Between your fires and our fires it gets hard to keep track.

Stay safe.

We had the fires around here as well (I'm about 5 hours north of the good Major) and now in the middle of one of the points where the main highway along the east coast is cut by floodwaters. So far no deaths but one house floated away and damaged a local bridge.:(

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

We had the fires around here as well (I'm about 5 hours north of the good Major) and now in the middle of one of the points where the main highway along the east coast is cut by floodwaters. So far no deaths but one house floated away and damaged a local bridge.:(

Back in Twenty and Seventeen, during the Tubbs Fire here in Sonoma County, California, the Australian crews were some of the first in and last out.  Ever thankful for that.

Aussie Camp 7.jpg

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Well, I can't do much but keep you folks in my thoughts, I could send you a little lend lease.  

Jitterbug.jpg

16 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Thanks, I am on the Hawkesbury River so I am right in the middle of it.

My house is OK but I had to drive into the closest suburb I could get to to pick up some Heart Meds and hay for a neighbour who is flooded in.

In the last photo the bridge on the right is the same one that's under water

mudislnd rd.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Stay safe!

17 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Is that the area that had the huge fires about two years ago? Or was it last year?  Between your fires and our fires it gets hard to keep track.

Stay safe.

Yep the big fire was 10km away in Jan last year, then COVID, now this.

I really have to stop daring GOD to do her worse:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Well, I can't do much but keep you folks in my thoughts, I could send you a little lend lease.  

Jitterbug.jpg

These are the best Bass surface lure around here.

I bet with the water over the ground and the discoloration the Bass will be hunting the eddies and banks for terrestrials at the moment.

Our Australian Bass don't get as big as yours but they are a hoot on light gear.

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Wallaby...there is a thread from Mr. Keller....everyone asking if you're okay!!!

11 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

These are the best Bass surface lure around here.

I bet with the water over the ground and the discoloration the Bass will be hunting the eddies and banks for terrestrials at the moment.

Our Australian Bass don't get as big as yours but they are a hoot on light gear.

That is the way I feel about bluegills here, small but scrappy. 

..... just heard that the western-ish town of Moree has found a small silver lining to the flooding ........

.................... seems that the mouse plague has been reduced some .....

Of course those nice folks have a different calamity to deal with at the moment ........ serious wetness ....  :(

Archived