SASS Wire Forum

Nice Ride

Subdeacon Joe

I was bummed to find out Teddy Roosevelt never actually rode a moose. It was a fake done to promote him and the Bill Moose party. 
Here is a newer comprehensive story about it. 

https://www.wired.com/story/teddy-roosevelt-on-a-moose-fake-news-or-fake-fake-news/

The picture is generally accepted as real, but alleged to have been taken in a number of different towns and states. What I've always been interested in is the UFO flying through the air with the tripod landing gear at the top left.

47 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

The picture is generally accepted as real, but alleged to have been taken in a number of different towns and states. What I've always been interested in is the UFO flying through the air with the tripod landing gear at the top left.

That looks to me like an electrical transmission line insulator.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

More likely a weight to keep it from swaying too much in the wind.

That could be too. 

5 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

So I'm not the only one who wondered what that thing is.  Looks like Many Poppins in a trash can.

Since this is a photograph, not a movie, so the man is not "riding" the elk, but is just "sitting on" the elk, am I the only one that's considered it's a stuffed elk?

Archived