SASS Wire Forum

My experience at the hospital today

Trigger Mike

I took both my daughter and wife both to the emergency room today.  

Last night my 17 year old went riding her atv and went into a ditch and hit her trachea on the box between the handle bars.   She came home talking mostly normal so we passed it off.  This morning she could not talk loud and by mid day she was below a whisper and said it hurt to breath and swallow.   So we took her.  

Meanwhile the seasonal cold virus and ear infection was passing around the house.  My wife got it and this morning added neaseau and diarrhea to her symptoms.   I came home from church and she was texting and right before I got home she fainted so I walked in to find her on the floor and her body had released more diarrhea while there.  We got her situated and took her also.  

I noticed the nurses at their desk not wearing mask and was told there are no covid cases in the hospital at this time.  Such good news.  

After a CT scan they gave my daughter crushed ice drink and 2 prescription to get the swelling down.  I took her home as the hospital decided to keep my wife.  

It seems she turned septic.  Partially due to the common virus she had but also because of her health history and a new diabetes prescription ozempic.  They are keeping her 2 days at least.  She is better as I sit by her side while the nurse talks to her.   She also has a urinary tract infection.   

Good thing my mom moved at the end of my driveway as she is taking care of my kids for me.  

Praying here

you are fortunate to have mom close - i remember when you posted of that move , i trust your daughter will get better real soon and ill add my prayers and best wishes for your wife , 

i cant imagine how these type things come in such large doses but i do think they make us stronger , they also tend to make me irritable so feel free to vent a bit should you feel the need , we will understand , best of luck in the coming days and drive safe 

Prayers up Mike for complete recovery for you family members and no more for a while at least. Be careful out there.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and meditations as you go through this rough patch.

†Prayers Up†

Thank you all.  My daughter is much better today and can talk for the most part.   My wife is better as well.  Fever is gone, but white blood cells are still high.  Dr is waiting on test results before sending her home.  

Hospital still has lot of empty beds and no covid cases so now is a good time to be sick.  

I do appreciate the prayers very much.  When I tried to pin the dr to a time frame to go home he referred back to the test results that are pending and then this evening she had more stomach episodes so more test were ran.  I'm beginning to think Wednesday is more likely. 

dont rush it , she is better off monitored even if its a PITA , at least they are watching and this septic [as someone else mentioned] is nothing to trifle with , better safe than sorry on this one , 

I found it interesting that the hospital is blaming part of the problem on the dr prescribing ozempic as a lot of her symptoms are side effects from ozempic, so since it was her first dose and taken in the midst of being sick her body may have been more susceptible to the side effects,  plus this dr always goes for a higher dose right off , which I will question from now on.

My wife just stopped taking Ozempic(sp) as well.

She was nauseous for three weeks since she started taking the initial reduced 0.25mg dose.

When it started affecting her vision even more than it already was, we said No Way!

I hope your wife recovers soon Mike.

Praying here

Archived