SASS Wire Forum

Gloves with fingers cut off

Guns Goforth

Keep in mind that "mis-cutting" the thumb off may cause the hammer to catch when shooting Duelist/GF-style.
(that's why the Colt is "out of action" in this video still shot) 
;)

image.png

I later switched to skin-tight goatskin roping/riding gloves...still had good trigger sensitivity with no hang ups.

Anymore, if wearing gloves in winter, I take them off when actually shooting.

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That’s good to know. I’m thinking of wearing one on my left hand for sweeping the hammers to cock my coach gun. I shoot duelist so I’m not concerned about getting it hung up on revolvers. 

Slim--  When I shot Classic Cowboy (2 whole matches, but a lot of prior practice !) I learned to do the following:  Being right handed, I swept the hammers with my left fore arm roping cuff as I reached for shot shells on right side of my belt.  Worked a treat.....

Cuffs were very thick leather.  I found gloves to be too problematic.  

Good luck with whatever method you settle on.

9 hours ago, Guns Goforth said:

I was also toying with the idea of larger grips. My hands kind of wrap around the gun and the pad of my trigger finger misses the trigger. Do you know anyone who makes them?

Texas Grips?

20210319_115102.thumb.jpg.ae4ab5f51afdbc46a62cdaefeceb38a5.jpg

On 3/21/2021 at 8:15 PM, Guns Goforth said:

I was also toying with the idea of larger grips. My hands kind of wrap around the gun and the pad of my trigger finger misses the trigger. Do you know anyone who makes them?

Use a search engine with the term "Millar Mitts."  

Millar Mitts.jpg

On 3/22/2021 at 12:50 AM, Lazy Eeyour said:

This is what I use. Buy the size that is somewhat snug and when you sweat they will be a perfect fit. The yellow ones are what I use as the tan ones are a little too heavy. I saw no need to cut off the finger tips.

https://www.samsclub.com/s/leather gloves

+1 Yep ... these are what I use ... (the light colored ones).

A little tight to get on but then they fit so well .. no extra material at the finger tips or anything. 

I have some Patagonia brand fingerless gloves that came from a fly fishing store 20 years ago.  Knit (wool?) with a leather palm.  They work well.  I've also used some fingerless knit gloves without a leather palm and the pistols did not feel as secure.

Archived