SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Values? 97 and Meadows SKB

Steel Hunter

I shot cowboy about five years ago and found it not for me.  I bought two shotguns to try.

Coyote Cap full race 12ga with jeweled hammer and parts you can see though the ejection port.   It has a 18.5 barrel and Cap put new wood on it before I bought it.  It is a take down and they numbers don't match.  Good looking shotgun for the age with the new wood on it.

Johnny Meadows 12ga direct from him with a 21" barrel.  SKB 100 with what I believe is a "splinter" forend.  Funneled for easy insertion of shells.  A local shooter made me a offer for this one.

I did some searching and didn't a lot of info on pricing.  Unfortunately recent sellers removed the asking/sold price.  What might these be worth?   Range of pricing?

Thanks!

Johnny Meadows offered me $1600.00 for my unaltered SKB 200E about three years ago after he put the ejector springs back in it.

I turned it down because I didn't want to sell it at any price, and because if he gave me $1600.00 for it he could sell it for a lot more.  JFWIW, I'm considering haveing a splinter fore end made for it now.  Just looks better to me.

How do you know if johnny meadows worked in an SKB? Does he put some markings or how do tell it from one some else slicked up. I would match Fast Eddie’s work with anybody but I guess it is the sellers word who did the work

Yep, $1,500 is a fair price for a worked over SKB 100 as long as its reliable and the work is good.  Johnny Meadows is known to do good work.

Kajun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived