SASS Wire Forum

A nice surprise

DeaconKC

The Missus and I took last week to go to Tennessee for a getaway. There were a lot of pear trees blooming there, making it very pretty and we really enjoyed it. On our return home, we had a great surprise, the trees lining our driveway are pears and they had bloomed while we were gone!

CmhBjmM.jpg

On my walks around the neighborhood, many wildflowers and garden flowers are blooming.  Looking for the blessings of life and hopefully seeing the light at the end of virus crap.

It was a nice surprise as we bought the house last year and moved in just last December. We had no idea they were pear trees.

43 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

It was a nice surprise as we bought the house last year and moved in just last December. We had no idea they were pear trees.

I suspect they are Bradford Pear trees.  No fruit, just a pretty ornamental tree for it's flowers, fall leaves, and shape.

3 minutes ago, watab kid said:

now alls we need are pears to make this story perfect 

I'm seeing the quail behind my house forming pears.  Dove are makin' a-hell-of-a-racket!

8 minutes ago, watab kid said:

ok , i like dove as well , i think theres a recipe for dove with a nice pear sauce , im getting hungry now , 

"You mean you're going to kill the 'Jesus bird'!":o

I actually had a little girl at church say that to me when she found out I was going dove hunting.:D

sorry - but yup , they are tasty 

i think we gatta start home schoolin these kids they are gettin the wrong education in that there schooooo............oh , thats right , we have been , and still they get all this wrong thinkin goin on in their sweet little heads ....

Years ago I was in a LGS in Harrisburg IL on the opening day of dove season. A fellow walked in and asked what the limit was on doves. The owner looked at at him and said 12 in possession. The fellow replies "Dang, better give me about 10 more boxes of shells."

We had one of those pears. It didn't like me, every time I mowed it stuck me with it's thorns. Also was too close to the house, had to take it down. Neighbor has a large red bud in the yard beside us, it's pretty in the spring, but hasn't budded out yet:blink::(:lol::blush:

15 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

The Missus and I took last week to go to Tennessee for a getaway. There were a lot of pear trees blooming there, making it very pretty and we really enjoyed it. On our return home, we had a great surprise, the trees lining our driveway are pears and they had bloomed while we were gone!

CmhBjmM.jpg

Our trees look a lot like yours... So does the ground...for the second time in a week! :angry:  Just cleaned about 12" of "partly cloudy" off my SUV!  At least this go around the streets are going to be passable.  Ah, Springtime in the Rockies Front Range! :P

Stay well and safe, Pards!

7 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

We had one of those pears. It didn't like me, every time I mowed it stuck me with it's thorns. Also was too close to the house, had to take it down. Neighbor has a large red bud in the yard beside us, it's pretty in the spring, but hasn't budded out yet:blink::(:lol::blush:

Buck, ol' buddy, stay out of the Arizona desert.   :P

But then again, if you only get stuck by thorns when mowing...we here in the desert don't mow much.  ^_^

Miss seeing the redbud trees blooming.

3 hours ago, Safecracker Solon 69206L said:

Beautiful home KC! 

Thanks Pard! Did that stock get there yet?

Archived