SASS Wire Forum

Amazing and inspiring story

You absolutely must read this:  https://www.dvidshub.net/news/391736/soldier-fights-her-life-serve-us-army?fbclid=IwAR3pRP-KsZ2cJAtU-DUxDtiebtCzX0ptpFCmD7pEE7y0i2faXoBrU8llHjE

Short summary:  Teenage Iraqi girl is sick of being abused, so she runs away, escapes from a mass rape by divine intervention, dangerously surrenders to an American force, gets hired to interpret for them, gets refugee status in the US, becomes a US citizen, and enlists as a cavalry scout in the US Army where she is currently serving.

Mrs. Cassidy and I were so compelled by her story that we took her to lunch after church today :)

Katya.jpg

SUPERB!!!

On 3/22/2021 at 8:15 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Also shoulders squared, serious.

She had the amazing level of motivation that most people fake to get by during basic training, but not a single ounce was fake.  She truly believes that freedom is worth fighting for, and is eternally thankful that she can be a part of the US Army.  She absolutely loves being a cavalry scout (as I said, only recently opened up to women), and has been selected for promotion to Sergeant.  She will be the first female Sergeant in the cavalry branch in US history.  

The serious demeanor she is demonstrating in the photo may have been a bit contrived.  She was generally excitable and acted a lot like an American woman, not like a middle eastern woman who is expected to be seen and not heard.

Oh, by the way, with the new physical fitness test, the weight on the deadlift for the maximum number of points is 220 pounds.  She is doing 280.  That's more than I do (I'm at 225), and I have ten times the amount of testosterone she does.  

42 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

The serious demeanor she is demonstrating in the photo may have been a bit contrived.  She was generally excitable and acted a lot like an American woman, not like a middle eastern woman who is expected to be seen and not heard.

I don't see a serious demeanor on display, just a nice smile.

Archived