SASS Wire Forum

WTB a Uberti Stallion 38 spl

Looking for a Uberti Stallion in 38spl

for my grandson . I have one but as you know he needs another one .if anyone has one setting in the safe I would like to see about buying it .

his is 5 1/2 inch barrel 

blued ,casecolored blued grip frame 

On 3/21/2021 at 7:06 AM, James Henry Parker SASS#76661 said:

Looking for a Uberti Stallion in 38spl

for my grandson . I have one but as you know he needs another one .if anyone has one setting in the safe I would like to see about buying it .

his is 5 1/2 inch barrel 

blued ,casecolored blued grip frame 

Yo-Ho-James Henry Parker; Pedersoli  recreated a Doc Holiday special and similar to the Uberti Stallion. Price is high though at MSRP $ 1250.00.

Taylors a lot cheaper. I have a Uberti Stallion. Photo attached as to what you want it is not for sale though. Had my barrel cut to 4 5/8"  and installed Birds head grip frame  & grips made for same. It does have counter bored chambers. Shoots very well & accurate. 

Any way hope this helps for you & your Grand-Son.  Taylors as I said great folks to deal with.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

JRJ Stallion 001.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

James Henry Parker here is that photo of Doc Holidays  pedersoli pistol

JRJ

Doc Holiday pistol.jpg

18 minutes ago, James Henry Parker SASS#76661 said:

That’s pretty but I need one to match the one I have it’s a  plow handle 

Well you can get them with or with out plow handle I have three others with plow handles.

Don't take me wrong I was trying to help you pilgrim.

JRJ

Do they make a 5.5” bbl?  Mine’s a Cimarron model P jr.  but there’s no way it’s over 5”.

Not interested in selling, but would trade for a shorter bbl example in a hot minute.

858E5DA8-CC7D-42FC-948F-0D553D993079.jpeg

Howdy Pard!

for what it’s worth you may want to call Taylor’s and see if they have them and if not get on the list. I bought my boy a 4-3/4 Stallion right before the Chinese flu hit and then once I got the money together had to wait a while before getting the second one. 

I have a pair of Uberti Stallions, 3.5 inch barrels, bird head grips.  They are in great shape.  Could be another option for you.  $800.00 + shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, WOLFY said:

Do they make a 5.5” bbl?  Mine’s a Cimarron model P jr.  but there’s no way it’s over 5”.

Not interested in selling, but would trade for a shorter bbl example in a hot minute.

Barrel length is measured from the front of the cylinder. That’s a 5.5” barrel.

I have a pair of them that we got for the kids. Turns out neither care for the colt style.  Prefer to sell as a pair if possible.   If let me know and I will see if I can dig them out of the safe for pics

Evil...... if James Henry is not interested I may be.

One of the odd things about most centerfire caliber Stallions & Model P Jr's is that the ejector rod is made shorter than "normal". It's made to match a 3.5" barrel and therefore makes a 4.75" barrel appear to be longer than it really is (as in this photo above). Most of us are so used to looking at full sized Colts, that whenever we see a barrel that's a little longer than the ejection rod, we automatically assume that it's a 5.5" barrel.  With Stallions & Model P Jr's, it may actually be only 4.75", and when you happen to glance at one that actually does have a 5.5" barrel, it looks sorta like a full sized Colt with a 7.5" barrel.  And to make matters even more confusing, some rimfire caliber Stallions & Model P Jr's have a regular length ejector rod on 4.75" guns.  Very strange .....

12 hours ago, Caboose said:

Barrel length is measured from the front of the cylinder. That’s a 5.5” barrel.

Think I knew that, so I double checked.  Can’t find a ruler, but here’s my 5.5” Ruger for comparin’

So... maybe 4.75”?  

5CE62504-10CA-4C3E-BBD5-DA6A0B176010.jpeg

8 hours ago, evil dogooder said:

I have a pair of them that we got for the kids. Turns out neither care for the colt style.  Prefer to sell as a pair if possible.   If let me know and I will see if I can dig them out of the safe for pics

Evil, let me know if James H wants just one.  I’d be interested in that 2nd one.

On 3/26/2021 at 9:36 AM, Dale said:

I have a pair of Uberti Stallions, 3.5 inch barrels, bird head grips.  They are in great shape.  Could be another option for you.  $800.00 + shipping.

Hey Dale,

Are you planning to post your Stallions on their own Classified thread?  Photos would be appreciated, too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dale said:

I'd like to buy them, Tincansailor52@gmail.com 270-748-7578

Archived