SASS Wire Forum

WTT or WTB 50-70 Brass, will trade 45-70 Gov. Brass

Irontree

I have maybe a hundred or so once fired Hornady 45-70 cases that I'd like to trade for used but not abused modern 50-70 cases.

These were factory loaded Hornady ammo given to me by a non-reloading friend.  I have found that they are just slightly shorter (From the factory)

than all my other 45-70 Starline.  So I thought I'd offer them here in hopes of getting some more 50-70 for my trapdoors.

Best to contact me by my e-mule address  :

Harley04121957a@gmail.com

Spur that horse again.....

These are unaltered Hornady 45-70 brass and the difference in length is minimal.   Only enough to slightly effect a roll crimp to make it a bit lighter.

Unfortunately when loading A-5744 a rather heavy and consistent crimp is pretty important.  If you're shooting a lever action under 300 yards it'd be no big deal.

Of course, if you are going to trim them back to make 45-60 brass  or some other variant then they are spot on for a place to start.

If you're without a trade of my 2 for your one in 50-70 then I'd take .50 cents a piece for them and even polish them up in a tumbler for you. 

If using e-mail to talk to me don't forget to put the little "a" after my string of numbers and before the "@" or it won't reach me.

or just PM me.  

• Irontree changed the title to WTT or WTB 50-70 Brass, will trade 45-70 Gov. Brass

Archived