SASS Wire Forum

Please, please get a Covid-19 Vaccine.

Still waiting. The VA was giving them at Fort Harrison yesterday, but there was a shoot over in Great Falls, and by the time I got back, they were done. :mellow:

A big "hats off" to all that have already gotten it done w/o any drama. Hopefully, it will work as intended.

The CDC site does say ... "If you had a severe allergic reaction—also known as anaphylaxis—after getting the first shot of a COVID-19 vaccine, CDC recommends that you not get a second shot of that vaccine." You can't go wrong with that logic/guidance. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/allergic-reaction.html

Plus ... they say there may be a "pill" out by summer ... AND (possibly)  ... many folks already avoided severe COVID complications because they had gotten a flu shot ... (immune system boost etc ...). 

... ANYHOW ...  

There is sure to be plenty of news coverage of any problems associated with the vaccinations ... it's not like they are reporting on Cuomo or the border ... In this case they are actually going to tell you if it isn't working out.

I don't think  I would ... however .. drive a pickup truck to a drive-thru site .. wear cargo shorts or do anything that might pre-identify you as a conservative.

There is no need to raise the possibility of tampering or such. 

There are plenty of sites online that address how to dress properly and if you don't have a suitable vehicle you can rent/borrow one. 

If you remember some of those old movies .. like the "Body Snatchers" and such ... the most important thing is to "fit in" ... not draw attention to yourself.

Always get the annual flu shot with perfect results.  I get my second China shot tomorrow.

The injection was a bit more painful due to the larger volume of the inserted material.  Lazy the afternoon of the shot and I slept thru most of the next day.  No headache, muscle aches, pains, that others have reported.  All in all a non event.

life is a sexually transmitted disease that is 100% fatal , im going to take my chances as i always have , but yall have at it iffin you want , im not making light just making my own mind up here , ifr i die tomorrow ill have lived a full life on my own terms , my wife is in total agreement as well , 

Below is a letter that I received in response to a request for comment on an article about the "danger" of taking the COVID vaccine(s). The author is a personal acquaintance of mine, doing a job that I would have done had I not got sidetracked by a little war. 
I am posting this because it is from someone who can reasonably be expected to know what he is talking about.
I agree with him. 
I do not expect to change your mind if you do not agree with him.

"I am the director of a lab that does high volume COVID testing and testing for all kinds of other viruses on four state of the art instruments.  I am board certified in medical and public health microbiology by the American board of medical microbiology.  I am on the vaccine safety and efficacy committee for UT Health San Antonio.  I got the Pfizer vaccine with no hesitation.  I get to read the 50 plus page details of each vaccine before they are released to the general public.

The article is half truth which is more dangerous than all untruth.  I do not have time to address each point.  His references are short and incomplete.  His definitions are inaccurate.  Most of what he says is conjecture.  The first two FDA emergency use authorization vaccines do indeed use messenger RNA. Messenger RNA is like snap chat, you see it then it goes away.  Messenger RNA is temporary, designed by nature to get chewed up, like that "this tape will self destruct" in Mission Impossible.

If you are scared of messenger RNA, wait and get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, or the Novavax.  Get vaccinated.  I get to actually hear the "code blues" from our ICU everyday.  Most do not make it.  COVID is killing the old, the fat, and the otherwise unhealthy.  It is sparing our babies and our kids.  The vaccine will keep you out of the hospital, off a ventilator, and out of the morgue.  We simply do not know yet if it keeps you from getting a mild case and spreading it to others.  If you die from COVID, your lungs will be the consistency of raspberry jelly, per a pathologist I know who has done dozens of COVID autopsies.  Many of our patients die from secondary fungus infections from common bread molds after the lungs turn to jelly.  I get to identify these molds by species and test them for last-ditch anti-fungals to try and save the patients.

We all have confirmation bias.  We select the news we want to believe, and become an echo chamber for it.  Even if you don't want to, read both liberal and conservative news, and from more than one country.  I voted for Trump twice.  I have guns. I am a conservative, but Trump did a lot of early damage, criticizing the CDC and mocking the virus as a hoax.  In my opinion, his COVID response cost him the election.

It is possible that the 500,000 dead number from COVID is an over estimate, but it is still a lot of people, a lot.  We had a refrigerated meat truck outside our hospital for a while for the bodies.  One last note, 40,000 people die a year from the flu.  They are all alive this year.  My lab has found only one positive patient this entire season.   Probably from effective measures that work better on the flu than they do on COVID, and maybe this year's flu vaccine was a better match.

It is your choice about the vaccine and that is one of the freedoms we will still have even with our new POTUS."

Oh boy ... I'm sure no one wants to rehash COVID all over again ... there is plenty of information out there to assist anyone in making a decison (from CDC; Dr Drew; Dr Jill ... here/everywhere).

I was hearing the music in the background until we got to the "Trump" part ... <_<

However ... many of us are just ignorant/uneducated and are in constant need of well informed guidance!! s10.gif.7a56b39f627ae17b10a1dcf947dc07d9.gif 

On 3/20/2021 at 5:38 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

When I manage to qualify for it, I shall. So far I have tried four different "official" pages, two say I qualify, two say I don't yet.  63, BMI of 42, Critical Manufacturing (we do a lot with defense contractors and subcontractors) but per Sonoma County, I don't qualify.  Safeway says I qualify, but they don't have the vaccine yet.

Great system.

Meanwhile in Missouri, we have people driving in from bordering states who are getting their shots here.  As of today, nearly 1.4 million of our 6.1 million residents have received at least 1 dose of vaccine, and nearly half of those have received their 2nd.  For the past 3 weeks, a lot of the vaccinations have been the J&J which is one and done.  At this point nearly 60% of our 65+ age group have been vaccinated, and they have opened up vaccinations to lower ages.

We got our J&J shot about 10 days ago.  No side effects for  either of us which it was I expected given that it's a viral vector vaccine.

Archived