SASS Wire Forum

Best place to Sell guns ??

wyliefoxEsquire

Wondering what your thoughts are regarding selling cowboy guns?

Gunbroker  versus SASS Wire Classified versus ???

Here is easier but you can get more on GB right now. No fees here. Less flakes to deal with here. With the market as it is a local gun shop would also be good provided they have a good following.

I like buying and selling Cowboy stuff here.  For non-Cowboy stuff, I like to consign to a local shop.  Consigning to the local shop makes life a lot easier.  They warranty the gun for 90 days after the purchase and I don't have to deal with someone I don't know in a parking lot somewhere.

The best is face-to-face.

#2, for me, has been the SASS wire.

I have sold non SASS longguns on armslist and GB, and revolvers on GB.

Probably done selling any guns for awhile.

I’ve bought and sold guns on the SASSWIRE, never had a bad experience. 

Before armslist became a subscription service I'd use it several times a year.  I haven't used it since.  But face to face has several advantages.  I did have one guy I suspect was a blue collar felon try to buy something from me, I asked if he'd be interested in doing the transfer at an ffl, where I'd pay for the background check... never heard from him again. 

WF Esquire,

As with most things, it depends upon you and your needs/ goals. If you're looking for maximum gold and your command of the rate card and auction system are strong; then gun broker <insert site here>. Not to mention the gun crazy culture right now makes it a seller favored market.  

If you are a social shooter and enjoy giving back and interacting with the posse... sass classified is your huckleberry. 

Only you can answer your question as framed. It all comes down to your priorities. 

Ease of transaction, economic constraints, speed of transaction, reliability, social stewardship. 

Yours,

Shakes

16 hours ago, El CupAJoe said:

Before armslist became a subscription service I'd use it several times a year.  I haven't used it since.  But face to face has several advantages.  I did have one guy I suspect was a blue collar felon try to buy something from me, I asked if he'd be interested in doing the transfer at an ffl, where I'd pay for the background check... never heard from him again. 

El cupajoe, i am not a felon. I don’t even remember my last traffic ticket!

Anyway, i have dropped off gun deals before because of people wanting to do backround checks here, when not needed doing f2f deals. It’s the principle to me. I don’t believe in backround checks and wish they did not exist. Backround checks are one of the death by a thousand cuts of guns control. 

I also passed on a deal once where at a gun show, the dealer wanted to do paperwork on a black powder ruger old army. He said it was “just to be sure”. I bought one from another table.

Just saying they may not have been a felon,,,just stubborn like me!  :)

Edit: i forgot,,i like gunbroker and f2f. I have never done the consignment thing.

I use SASS and local forums to sale, never used gun broker to sale.  I would rather buy here than a gun auction.  I don't like to have to keep checking if my bid is high. I think you get a higher price on one of the auction gun sites.  I like in state and F2F best.

6 hours ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

El cupajoe, i am not a felon. I don’t even remember my last traffic ticket!

Anyway, i have dropped off gun deals before because of people wanting to do backround checks here, when not needed doing f2f deals. It’s the principle to me. I don’t believe in backround checks and wish they did not exist. Backround checks are one of the death by a thousand cuts of guns control. 

I also passed on a deal once where at a gun show, the dealer wanted to do paperwork on a black powder ruger old army. He said it was “just to be sure”. I bought one from another table.

Just saying they may not have been a felon,,,just stubborn like me!  :)

Edit: i forgot,,i like gunbroker and f2f. I have never done the consignment thing.

The email was from a name@something.com, I Google the name in the area the person was from and I found a bunch of court records linked to charges of fraud etc.  I figured I'd play it safe on that one, normally I don't go that route unless I'm not comfortable with something about the deal.

I have had all good experiences on GB.  Local gunshops here in this part of Kaliforny want 20% consignment fees ! Ouch.

i have bought thru here and had it shipped to my LGS all went great and ive been pleased with my purchase - would do it again if there was something i was wanting , im not against any other venue mentioned , just make sure your ready to part with what you think you want to sell , replacing them can get real spendy , 

Love dealing here on sass wire, I have bought and sold quite a few things here and never had a problem. Nothing against GB or any other venue though.  SCJ

13 hours ago, El CupAJoe said:

The email was from a name@something.com, I Google the name in the area the person was from and I found a bunch of court records linked to charges of fraud etc.  I figured I'd play it safe on that one, normally I don't go that route unless I'm not comfortable with something about the deal.

Heck, I'm pretty sure that's all the FBI does nowadays.  I guess I need to get me a new email address and not commit any crimes with it. 

I had a great experience dealing with LSB Auctions (Lock Stock and Barrel Investments) last year. Owned and run by Spencer Hoglund, who is 

better known as Lead Despenser, multiple time SASS World Champion. 

He and his team take many photos of each gun and include detailed descriptions of the condition of the gun, and history of the gun if known. Yes, he takes a commission, but I felt he got top dollar for guns I did give him, and he earned every penny. I know of several other long time SASS members who have bought and sold guns through LSB Auctions, and every one has been 100% satisfied.

My 2 cents

Hipshot SASS#7

Archived