SASS Wire Forum

Young Sheldon and Star Trek.

Brazos John

Who else noticed this?

The Houston CBS station broadcast a repeat episode of Young Sheldon last night. The show included a shot of Star Trek with Spock with a goatee. There's only 1 episode that does that, where the Capt and landing party get switched by the transporter with a matching crew from a parallel whatever, and Spock wears a goatee.

The local MeTV station was showing that exact episode at the same time. I got so excited that I told my wife! She was respectfully supportive.

I'm easily amused.

Brazos

2 hours ago, Brazos John said:

Who else noticed this?

The Houston CBS station broadcast a repeat episode of Young Sheldon last night. The show included a shot of Star Trek with Spock with a goatee. There's only 1 episode that does that, where the Capt and landing party get switched by the transporter with a matching crew from a parallel whatever, and Spock wears a goatee.

The local MeTV station was showing that exact episode at the same time. I got so excited that I told my wife! She was respectfully supportive.

I'm easily amused.

Brazos

You should have gone out immediately and bought a lottery ticket.  I would have.  I mean how often can the star treks align so perfectly?

:D

Star Trek had several fun references over the different series' runs. DS9's trip back to the Trouble with Tribbles had several points where I was grinning ear to ear.

24 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

You should have gone out immediately and bought a lottery ticket.  I would have.  I mean how often can the star treks align so perfectly?

:D

THAT WAS GREAT!

You're right, I should have. Lotto has been getting me nowhere lately.

23 hours ago, Brazos John said:

Who else noticed this?

I'm easily amused.

Brazos

At this point, Year 2 of the China virus; it' evidently the little things.......

Never did get to see every episode of the original series of Star Trek.  About half the time I was out on a dispatch to get a missile back on Strategic Alert!  My wife doesn't care for scifi, so I can't really catch up on episodes.  I never particularly cared for the follow-on series.

Archived