SASS Wire Forum

Everyone have a good St Paddy’s Day?

Utah Bob #35998

Certainly different from years past from what I can tell. 

Went to work still groggy from pain killers and muscle relaxants.  Worked all day,  made it home safely.   

Watched the live stream of the Great Cannon of St. Andrew from St. Athanasius parish in Nicholasville Kentucky,  then from St. Seraphim of Sarov Orthodox Cathedral in Santa Rosa California. 

Wild times. 

UB, the wife and I had such a good time on St Paddy's Day that we didn't have our corned beef and cabbage dinner until today.

Hope you and your lady had a good'n and all is well.

Glad you’re back, U Turn!!

I sincerely hope that all is well with you and yours!!

Schoolmarm drank green beer and I had me some corned beef!!

This year, as last, it was pretty much just another day. I had an hour and a half long allergy test midday. Turns out, I'm allergic to my lifestyle. Few things it seems I'm not allergic to.

I'm glad to see you back. I hope is all well with you.

We missed you UB, hope St Paddy treated you and yours well. The Missus and I are in Tennessee on a getaway, tomorrow is her birthday and I have been trying to spoil her this week.

Just now, watab kid said:

went to work - had corned beef sandwhich and went home to bed , bigger event here was st urho's day -

March 16 is St. Urho's Day for those of Finnish descent

being a scottsman i really only acknowledge either for the beer , green one day and purple the other then back to golden the rest of the year , sept when i find a good stout or bock , 

Glad to see you back!

We’re celebrating Friday. My wife buys corned beef the day after St. Paddy’s day because it goes on sale then. My mom gave us her used-once Insta Pot last weekend and are gonna try it in that. 

Oh, we also have a fresh bottle of Jameson’s to sip!

For those of us lucky enough to be of Irish descent, every day is St. Paddy's Day.

8 hours ago, watab kid said:

went to work - had corned beef sandwhich and went home to bed , bigger event here was st urho's day -

March 16 is St. Urho's Day for those of Finnish descent

"Heinäsirkka, heinäsirkka, mene täältä hiiteen"

We celebrated St Urho's day.  Had a passty, a beer, and lihamojakka.  :-)

STL Suomi.

Welcome back UB, hope all is well with you and Carol. Prayers continue up just in case.

6 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Hello, Bob.

Good to have you back.  St. Pat's Day isn't the same since I moved out of NYC.  Mostly quiet now, but that's OK.  Hope all is well.

Tex

Wow, NYC to Minnesota. That had to be a culture shock! I moved from NYC to Kansas 40+ years ago. Culture shock was mild for me though since I wasn’t a native New Yorker. 

Just checking in occasionally. I don’t expect it to be often. Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts. 

22 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Just checking in occasionally. I don’t expect it to be often. Thank you all for your kind wishes and thoughts. 

Please keep us posted and remember that we are here for whatever you need 

I missed Saint Pats day. My wife had an appointment with her podiatrist and he immediately put her in the hospital. They amputated her big toe yesterday. Complications from her diabetes. She is now known by the Indian name Nine toe granny 

57 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yoobie,

I just saw this. Good to see you back, even if it will be sporadic.

As Badger says "Hope all is well"  for  you and your Mrs. Still sending some prayers your way.

Didn't do St Pat's on Wed. Our corned beef, potatoes, cabbage and beer go  in the IntantPot tomorrow night. Got some Guinness and Jameson Caskmate Stout version to sip in the evening hours.

No fellow Irish descendants here for Corned Beef and Cabbage.

Again.

Did a small batch for SWMBO, Big Red and myself.

Usually have Red Storm, Regulator, Clangity Jane, Pedagogue and Rooster Corrigan, Territorial Governor here with us to celebrate our Irish heritage.

Two years now with no friends for the celebration!

This Covid stuff is getting old.

Archived