SASS Wire Forum

Delete found

Ya I'm getting there i have a few pretty solid out fits, the one in my profile pic is probily my favorite  so far, I'm just not to creative so its hard putting outfits together 

I just ordered some of the cooler cowboy shirts from J Hornady dry goods and I really like them.  Gunfighter paisley.

I will second the J. Hornaday Cooler Cowboy shirts, they are great for the hot and humid days during the VA summer.  They do have a few prints in some bold colors.  The shirts, in my experience run a bit big and the sleeves are long.  At 6' I wear a Large and have to roll up the sleeve cuffs once or twice, or wear sleeve garters.  I have a XL I don't wear that I will bring to the next monthly shoot to try on and get an idea of how big you need to go.

30 minutes ago, Bingo Montana said:

The shirts, in my experience run a bit big and the sleeves are long.  At 6' I wear a Large and have to roll up the sleeve cuffs once or twice, or wear sleeve garters.

From what I've read, the sleeves being long is period correct.  That's the reason arm garters were prevelent

1 minute ago, Fretless said:

From what I've read, the sleeves being long is period correct.  That's the reason arm garters were prevelent

Yes, back in the day, sleeves only came in on length and sleeve garters where used.   I have a 72" wing span and the sleeves on the Cooler Cowboy XL shirts are about 4" longer than I need them, so I either roll them up a bit or use their wicking sleeve garters.  For the hot and humid days they are the best for me, highly recommend them J. Hornaday Cooler Cowboy shirts.  Hydration is also key to surviving a 6 hr match with 110 heat index, but that is a story for another thread.

Maj. N. D. Gestion, I put that XL shirt in my range bag, will bring it to the match tomorrow for you to try on and get a feel for what size you may need.  

Archived