SASS Wire Forum

When you really stand behind your product.

Raylan

Richard Davis of Second Chance Body Armor did that in front of an aditorium of armed police officers.   WITHOUT warning anyone before hand.  Had to be 50 years ago.      The man sure had a mess of  bruises from his demos.   Offered a LEO a free S&W to anyone who was shot but was able to return fire because of his vest.   GW

There is a group called Second Chance Survivors, those who survived not just shootings but car accidents due to the vest protecting the rib cage in serious accidents. I am a member of that second group.

Richard Davis did this back in the 70s. I went right out and bought one of his vests when I saw this.

And Richard did it with a .44 magnum.

Damn, he has bigger balls than I. That is one nasty bruise.

15 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Richard Davis did this back in the 70s. I went right out and bought one of his vests when I saw this.

Bob I’m really glad to see you post 

I intend to give their site a good looking-over.
(Daggone that had to hurt! That was a nasty bruise already, think how bad it'll look -- and feel -- in the morning!  Ouch!)

They do offer 3X ... I may be in business!

Mid-70's when we first got our second chance. Had to watch the film which included one wrapped around a clay mold which was then shot with a 12ga. The entire vest was sucked into the mold. But, did not penetrate. We were also told that if ever shot while it was on to turn it in. Was not good for a second shot especially in the same location. As far as heat even back then we had to replace every 5 years due to possible degrading. So, nothing new there. 

Archived