SASS Wire Forum

SKB Disassembly?

Shooting Bull

Send it to Johnny Meadows.That way you don't have to read.

2 hours ago, Pit Bull Tex said:

Send it to Johnny Meadows.That way you don't have to read.

Is Johnny taking work again?  Last time I talked to him he had moved and did not have an FFL to receive shipments.

Occasional malfunction and lack of funds forced me to screw up my courage and take my SKB 100 apart.  I am not a gunsmith.  I took my time and got it done.  I had trouble re-assembling the inertial connector; tiny washers/spacers and spring in there did not cooperate.  Dirt Merchant was kind enough to spend a few minutes on the phone and provide guidance.  

I am not saying he is still available for consultation.  Just describing my experience.  But if you have good screwdrivers and a place to work where springs and teensy parts can’t escape, I’m betting you can do it.  And I’m glad I don’t have to feed myself and my wife doing it every day!

Good luck.

I found this reprint of an 1974 Ithaca manual that includes SKB doubles for a little under $18.  Click on the link below:

Cornell Publications -Ithaca 1974 Gun Company Parts and Service Catalog (cornellpubs.com)

3 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Fast Eddie does all the assembly and disassembly on my SKBs.  I am not allowed near them with a screwdriver.

Or Peanut Butter....

Archived