SASS Wire Forum

So, I got a pistol with a rail on it for the first time............

Raylan

Guess that means I'm supposed to get a bayonet.............finding a holster going to be a real pain....

bayonetforpistol.jpg

(read this with an Irish accent...ya know, Saint Patty’s Day and all...)

Ugh! It’s on a Glock! Totally worthless. :wacko:

BUT, if it was on a 1911, well now, that’d be different now, wouldn’t it?!

Saints preserve John Moses Browning. No finer man walked the earth. But if guns were meant to have rails Mr. Browning would have put them on there wouldn’t he, so ya won’t be gettin’ no rail on yer 1911’s now Laddies so no little knife thingies on yer pistols! OR ANYTHING ELSE! 
John Moses Browning, who pizzed excellence and farted lightning bolts wouldn’t be havin’ any of this nonsense! 

I have edited this to add:

...and another thing! :P:P:P

2 "And shouldst thou muck with it, and hang all manner of foul implements upon it, and profane its internal parts, thou shalt surely have malfunctions, and in the midst of battle thou shalt surely come to harm."

Gospel According to John Moses Browning, verse 2.  

5 hours ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

If things go really south you can chuck the pistol and, with any luck, it'll land like a throwing knife

Throwing a empty pistol at him was the only way to get Superman to duck. :P

And if you put something on the rail, make sure it is tight and try it at the range to make sure it stays put.  There is nothing quite like watching the flashlight you mounted to the rail of your home defense pistol go flying down range after the first shot.  

59 minutes ago, Chantry said:

And if you put something on the rail, make sure it is tight and try it at the range to make sure it stays put.  There is nothing quite like watching the flashlight you mounted to the rail of your home defense pistol go flying down range after the first shot.  

I have seen this happen. The guy had the funniest look on his face. 

7 hours ago, Raylan said:

.finding a holster going to be a real pain

Not as painful as Mexican carry...  

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Throwing a empty pistol at him was the only way to get Superman to duck. :P

Why was that, when he'd already had the faster moving bullets deflect off his chest?

17 minutes ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

Why was that, when he'd already had the faster moving bullets deflect off his chest?

In all fairness it only happened once in the very first season of the Adventures of Superman. In every other episode that aired afterwords he didn't duck.  I suspect someone noticed the faux pa and a prop pistol that wouldn't hurt if you were hit with it was used from that point forward.

Myth # 2.  Whenever a Criminal Fired a Gun at Superman on the TV Show, the Man of Steel Would Let the Bullets Bounce Off His Chest, But He Would Always Duck When the Crook Threw the Gun at Him.

He was smiling because he knew if that prop pistol hit him in the face the Studio would be paying him $$$,$$$,$$$ in settlement.

9 hours ago, Chantry said:

That's something I'll never have happen.

I just bought me first "enhancement" for a gun, a vintage Weber K2.5-1 scope.  I only got that because it will complete the look of my rifle.

16 hours ago, Raylan said:

Guess that means I'm supposed to get a bayonet.............finding a holster going to be a real pain....

bayonetforpistol.jpg

Just a thought, I suggest no Appendix carry.

1 hour ago, Dusty Boots said:

Just a thought, I suggest no Appendix carry.

Ya know, if you are stupid enough to appendix carry with that, you are probably doing the Gene Pool a favor.

Archived