SASS Wire Forum

Giant fireworks explosion in Southern California neighborhood

Sedalia Dave

I know this is mean but I was hoping this was the home of the bloomin’ arsehole that randomly sets off big boomers in my neighborhood and scares the hell out of my dog. 

I would love to find that guy...

Gee, those kinds of fireworks are illegal here...

The laws sure didn’t stop these idiots from having illegal fireworks, did they? I guess now they will have to create more laws so they can take credit for making people safer to get re-elected. They will also have to build up their empires, I mean, bureaucracies, I mean, public service departments to do something about this... :angry:

:FlagAm: With no real enforcement of most laws already in place, the collective weight of more of them placed on the American citizen's shoulders has the desired effect of having us bent over even further, groveling at the feet of our "benevolent elected guardians". :angry:

Glad I am old.  Just say'in.

Chas B

Not the first time this has happened in a neighborhood.  When we lived in Cali we had it happen near us a few decades ago...... in a rental house.  Nearly killed a child sleeping next door.  Blew the house off the foundation and burned the owners detached garage, full of their antique furniture to the ground.  If I get the chance, I'll hunt down the article. 

I can't help but wonder if it was the same folks.............

2 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Using politician logic , let's make fireworks illegal, Then accidents won't happen. Non-politicians, 'here, hold my beer and watch this'! Ask Chicago about all their gun laws and how thats working out for them.

Works just a good as Chicago's gun law apparently.

Fireworks are banned in most of San Bernardino county and are definitely illegal in the city of Ontario.

fireworks_safety.pdf

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Using politician logic , let's make fireworks illegal, Then accidents won't happen. Non-politicians, 'here, hold my beer and watch this'! Ask Chicago about all their gun laws and how thats working out for them.

Naw, Ike, you can't use Chicago as an example.  :rolleyes:

According to reports in the media, they've done their part to control gun violence; it's all the fault of the cretin politicians in Indiana and Kentucky and the other surrounding states who won't pass wonderful anti-gun laws of their own.  Oh.  And Texas.  Mustn't forget that Chicago's awful problems are largely due to those folks in Texas...  :wacko:

This happened almost exactly two miles south of the house that we owned in Ontario for 37 1/2 years.  I know that area very well.

Not uncommon in that area to have fireworks and gun fire several times a week, but the only explosion of any magnitude that I recall was when i blew a hole in my front yard using black powder to get rid of gophers.  

For the record, it works.

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I know this is mean but I was hoping this was the home of the bloomin’ arsehole that randomly sets off big boomers in my neighborhood and scares the hell out of my dog. 

I would love to find that guy...

Gee, those kinds of fireworks are illegal here...

The laws sure didn’t stop these idiots from having illegal fireworks, did they? I guess now they will have to create more laws so they can take credit for making people safer to get re-elected. They will also have to build up their empires, I mean, bureaucracies, I mean, public service departments to do something about this... :angry:

Find out which neighbors who are fireman.  I don't have anything against fireman; but, I have a relative who is one & loves fireworks.  The kind that you can only buy at businesses located within native American land.  The occupants of the property where the conflagration started probably made frequent fireworks runs to NV.

12 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Find out which neighbors who are fireman.  I don't have anything against fireman; but, I have a relative who is one & loves fireworks.  The kind that you can only buy at businesses located within native American land.  The occupants of the property where the conflagration started probably made frequent fireworks runs to NV.

Interesting that you mention this. One of my grandson’s friend’s Dad is a fireman. Not sure of his rank. According to my son-in-law this guy has all kinds of illegal fireworks. When the cops show up he whips out his badge, everybody has a laugh and the cops leave. 

We live about 1/2 mile from a limestone quarry.  The ATF and a couple of local counties decided to dispose of illegal fireworks as a joint project at the quarry last fall. Apparently it was amateur hour as they managed to have them all go off at once. Everyone in the subdivision was out in the street wondering what happened. A neighbor went over to the quarry and there was a highly animated discussion going on with the sheriff. Lots of arm waiving. Was an excellent example of our tax dollars hard at work with fantastic Federal Gov't leadership running the show.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:30 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Interesting that you mention this. One of my grandson’s friend’s Dad is a fireman. Not sure of his rank. According to my son-in-law this guy has all kinds of illegal fireworks. When the cops show up he whips out his badge, everybody has a laugh and the cops leave. 

At some of the stations they have fireworks disposal containers where the public & PD can deposit fireworks for "proper" disposal.  Some of it winds up going home with a few fireman.

so i dont disagree about the laws - too many written, too few enforced , 

as to chicago - they enforce them on the wrong people for fear of reprisals and the sheeple go along willingly , 

as to the incident - what makes you think you can believe whatever the media tells you ? its not like they have told the truth since before viet nam , i know the majority here knows this and lived it like me for those that are too young - the media lies , they are no longer reporters they are propagandists in the true sense of the word , ask anyone that escaped the iron curtain 

Archived