SASS Wire Forum

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day

Irish Pat

33 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

Wear your green today! Happy Saint Patrick’s Day and Irish ☘️ Pat’s birthday, March 19, 1951. I get to move up to Elder Statesmen!

Are green socks okay? :lol: I only have a green sweatshirt and it's too warm for that today! 

:FlagAm: Happy and Blessed St. Patrick's Day.   Already have the corned beef in the crock pot covered with beer.  Roasted red potatoes, carrots and onions with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.  Boiled cabbage.  Beer batter biscuits made with Yuengling Black and Tan.  Kerry Gold Irish Butter.  Washed down with Smithwicks Red Ale and Guinness Drought Stout.

No room for dessert.:D

Chas B

:FlagAm: Forgot to add, we shred the amount of meat to be eaten and then place it on a pan under the broiler after slow cooking in the crock pot.  Just crisp the edges.  Changes the whole flavor profile of the meat and you lose the boiled character.  Leftovers also make great breakfast burritos.  Yes they do!

Chas B who forgot the Irish whiskey for dessert.  Thank you J-BAR

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! :)

I guess I am still okay to celebrate it as Ancestry has determined I am 21% Irish, not the 75% my folks told me I was. :unsure:

We’ve got corned beef and potatoes in the crockpot and I will add the cabbage later. 
@Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 I wish I had seen your corned beef recommendation sooner. That sounds great. Thanks for the tip. :D

:FlagAm:  My paternal grandfather had to leave his home in the middle of the night and catch a freighter bound for New York City in 1923 because the British Army was going door to door looking for him.  I don't think it was to share a few pints at the pub.

Chas B.

Happy Birthday and St. Patrick's day! And a toast to one of my best friends Paul Brennan Kelly. Among other things he taught me to reload. We always at least called each other today. And it just so happens he passed away on St. Patrick's day!

Slainte!

JHC

14 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! :)

I guess I am still okay to celebrate it as Ancestry has determined I am 21% Irish, not the 75% my folks told me I was. :unsure:

We’ve got corned beef and potatoes in the crockpot and I will add the cabbage later. 
@Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 I wish I had seen your corned beef recommendation sooner. That sounds great. Thanks for the tip. :D

I did the DNA test a few years ago, didn't tell me the exact % Irish, but I'm a McDaniel on one side of the family and McMichael on the other, so I should have a good helping of Celtic blood!

JHC

I bought Darby O'Gill (and the little people), High Spirits, of course, The Quiet Man is a must as well for today.

Cornbeef and Cabbage is on low...

Shanley's family name was Macshalock (?) ...and yes, he is white headed and blue eyed...but when that temper flares, you know from whence it came!!!

22 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I bought Darby O'Gill (and the little people), High Spirits, of course, The Quiet Man is a must as well for today.

Cornbeef and Cabbage is on low...

Shanley's family name was Macshalock (?) ...and yes, he is white headed and blue eyed...but when that temper flares, you know from whence it came!!!

Forgot Finian's Rainbow!

And Brigadoon is on Movies! Channel tonight!!!

Most of you light weights have to fake it one day a year. I get to be Irish all year. (Flanagan)

Happy St. Patrick's day. Got the corned beef and cabbage, Jameson's and Irish Death ale with dinner and Bailey's for dessert.

May you be in heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.

Although my maternal grandparents immigrated here from Ireland they were from the north , stanch orange order and didn't celebrate St Paddy's Day which was very confusing for us as kids, but with that being said, mom would make a traditional Irish Stew  with lamb, potatoes, turnips  and onion  sopped up with Irish soda bread which I'll be having tonight.

We would have a meal similar to corned beef and cabbage (substitute thickly cut back bacon for the corned beef) on July 12th,  but I'm not going open that pandora box.

So for all who are celebrating , Happy St Paddy's day and those celebrating a birthday, Happy Birthday to ya.

May God be with you and bless you. May you see your children’s children. May you be poor in misfortunes and rich in blessings. May you know nothing but happiness from this day forward.”

51 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my!!!!

Oh, don’t worry Ms Sue. The parents staggered up just a while ago to pick up their Irish youngins (the parents are Irish also) and were impressed their babies were so docile. They even tipped us with a bottle is whiskey!  

15 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Oh, don’t worry Ms Sue. The parents staggered up just a while ago to pick up their Irish youngins (the parents are Irish also) and were impressed their babies were so docile. They even tipped us with a bottle is whiskey!  

Yeehaw!!!

3 at once! I believe in a couple more months, they will be a great weight loss/excercise regiem!

47 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Yeehaw!!!

3 at once! I believe in a couple more months, they will be a great weight loss/excercise regiem!

I'm Celtic (Pronounce it Keltic so you're proper and correct) around the clock, but a couple of times a tear I dress for it.  This morning I got up and donned my herringbone tan pants, my pale green grandfathers shirt-of-many-tiny-buttons, an Irish vest, a Celtic designed pocket watch and chain, an eight-piece cap, and a Mr. Rogers sweater, took my genuine blackthorn walking stick and went for my last COVID injection. (JFWIW, DO NOT wear so many buttons unless you want to take a half hour for a five minute shot.)

I went to a local greasy spoon and got a corned beef Reuben sandwich with lots of sauerkraut in lieu of boiled cabbage, and sat down to eat.  There had been a short wait and I had made friends with very cute baby girl by telling her was a real leprechaun.  A few minutes later a VERY attractive blonde separated herself from the baby's group and came over to ask me if she could sit down for a minute.  I told her rather bruskly that she could NOT sit down.  (Like hell I did.  :P)

I asked what I could do for her and she said she wanted to buy my lunch because I had taken the trouble to dress up and because everyone in the place (I've been there a few times before) spoke to me as a friend.  She was visiting her daughters and grand daughter from Denver.  We got to talking a bit.  Turns out her husband is a former Marine and currently is an air marshal and couldn't make the trip.  They are considering a move to my area and she asked about guns, a subject hardly ever discuss.  They own a gun shop in the Denver area that is struggling, not from lack of customers but because they can't get stock for their shelves.  She gave me her phone number and asked for mine and asked if she and her husband could contact me for information and maybe call on me to guide them around when they come back to visit.

I came home and in trying to help a friend find some work I accidentally made contact with a former business associate that I haven't  spoken to since we moved up here, so there went another hour and a half.

So far a great day and it's only quarter to five.

The littlr people are looking out for me.

9 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

And 40, I read that whole thing thinking it was a St Paddy's Day joke or yarn.  Now I ain't sure.  I'm having another whiskey.

I'm not beyond telling a whopper once in a while, Quail, but I'll almost always tell you if I'm fibbing.  This wasn't a fib at all.  I'll remember this for a long time because I haven't had a great looking blonde walk up to me out of the blue since July, 1965.  That's when my Irish, Scottish, French red-headed wife started scaring them away long before they got in range.

5 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm not beyond telling a whopper once in a while, Quail, but I'll almost always tell you if I'm fibbing.  This wasn't a fib at all.  I'll remember this for a long time because I haven't had a great looking blonde walk up to me out of the blue since July, 1965.  That's when my Irish, Scottish, French red-headed wife started scaring them away long before they got in range.

Now, that I can believe!!  :lol:

And....Forty O'Roddy, today you call me, Mr. O'Quail. ;)

Archived