SASS Wire Forum

Plane Crashing Into Vehicle Tragedy Captured By Doorbell Video

Cypress Sun

Incredible video of a plane crashing into a moving SUV as caught by doorbell video system. Warning, both occupants of the plane and a young boy in the SUV were killed in this accident. My thoughts go out to the victims and their families. This just shows how quick life can change in an instant.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/4-year-old-boy-dies-after-plane-crashes-into-mothers-suv-in-south-florida-neighborhood

When your ticket is punched, it's punched and nothing you can do about it. 

Seems no matter how many times I watch it the feeling in my chest is the same. When your ticket is pulled it's pulled I guess. Such a shame.

That’s horrible. I cannot imagine that at all. 

I wonder what was wrong with the plane? 

Call me paranoid but I am thoroughly alert around small airports and landing strips. Very alert for this same reason. I have seen a few near misses in my time. 

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Call me paranoid but I am thoroughly alert around small airports and landing strips. Very alert for this same reason. I have seen a few near misses in my time. 

Me too! We used to live right under the approach to a small airport and every now and then one would damn near clip the top of the hickorys and rattle the house. You could see the stains on the fuselage and the pilots faces.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Could be any number of things, but:

The No. 2 most common cause of general aviation accidents is fuel mismanagement, of which running out of gas is just one of them. John Denver is one of the more famous examples.  It's also possible to have fuel aboard and starve the engine of gas if the pilot mismanages his fuel tanks.

(The No. 1 cause is a non-IFR rated pilot flying from visual conditions into instrument conditions. JFK Jr. is one of the more famous examples.)

51 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The plane wasn't going very fast so I suspect a failed take-off. Also with all that fuel burning it doesn't appear he ran out.

Not necessarily. If he stalled the plane - an aerodynamic condition as opposed to lack of fuel - forward speed is significantly reduced. This is a common mistake when a pilot has lost power. 

All we know is there was fuel aboard as evident from the fire. He very well could have starved the engine of fuel causing it to quit if he mismanaged the tanks. They don’t all flow to the engine automatically. 

That's horrible! No matter how alert or defensively driving minded the mother was, there probably was no seeing or avoiding this.

Archived