SASS Wire Forum

Range Report - Canik TP9SFx

Cypress Sun

I bought the Canik TP9SFx (9mm) pistol that I had inquired about here. The pistol was $499.00 (Blackhawk Armory) + shipping/FFL fees. Finally took it to the range this morning, here's my opinion of the pistol.

- Blackhawk Armory shipped in a reasonable time frame and the price was fair and lower than any other place. Sorry Widder, by the time I saw your post and PM, I had already ordered it.

- The pistol came with plastic case, cleaning kit, holster, 4 - optic's mounting plates, 2 - 20 round magazines, magazine assist and different backstrap.

- I shot 300+ rounds through the gun without any hitch what so ever. The ammo was reloaded 9mm, 115gr, Win primers with 5.1gr of Win 231.  The target distance was at 15 yards. The ammo used was  I slung the first round almost every mag change but the rest of the group just made a 2" hole in the target and I switched point of aim every mag change. With the exception of the first round (probably my fault) it impacted at POA every time.

- The trigger is the best trigger I've ever used in a striker fired pistol. It has a short reset and you are able to keep the trigger depressed to the point of release after every round fired except the first one (of course). The trigger release was very crisp, comfortable and a had a pleasant feeling.

- The stock sights, well they leave something to be desired. The rear sight has a nice opening but no "dots" on either side. The front sight is described as "fiber optic" but is too small to acquire quickly and easily. I've already ordered night sights to remedy this situation.

- The mags loaded easily up until the 20th round. Loading the 20th was difficult and I got the sense that I was "pushing" the capacity of the mags. Both mags felt the same way.

- Mag release and slide release were easy, worked as they were supposed to and of a generous but unobtrusive size.

- The size of the pistol (IMO) does not make it conducive for concealed carry. Open carry would not be a problem.

- The fit and feel of the pistol was excellent. I realize that everyone is not alike and the feel may not be to everyone's liking.

Overall, I think that I'm really going to like this gun. At this point, it is already my favorite striker fired pistol of all that I have had the opportunity to shoot. I would not hesitate to recommend this firearm (based upon today) to anyone who is in the market for a pistol of this type.

20210316_102412_HDR.jpg

20210316_102210.jpg

20210316_102057.jpg

Thank you for the report and the photos.
I think you'll like the night sights.

Kicking myself for not snagging the one at our LGS!

Fantastic pistol, love mine.

Now, you need a Leupold Delta Point Pro, Glock tungsten guide rod, Colt Commander 13 lb. (IIRC) recoil spring, and Glock 6.5 lb. striker spring, and it will transform into an awesome pistol.

Archived