SASS Wire Forum

Withdrawn with apologies WTT .380 acp cartridges for small pistol primers

Shakes Peare

In my goal to be a self sufficient shooter, I am attempting to load my own cartridges. Hard to do with the current state of things...

To that end, I find myself in possession of seven boxes of factory. 380 range ammo.  Any one willing to trade the elusive primers for said ammunition, send me a PM. 

I am aware I can pedal my wares ( buying and selling) on Gun broker and such. I would much rather come to an agreement here if there is interest and mutual needs met, rather than feeding the Beast.

Thank you for your consideration,

Shakes 

Greetings Flat Top Okie,

Fair is kinda out of whack right now. Old primer prices appear to have hovered around $50/1000 and a box of 50 shells for .380 around $20-25.

of course, I can't find any small pistol (or ANY primers for that matter)  I decided to reload way too late to have made friends in those circles to help. Before joining SASS, I shot cheaply with mostly 9mm and some .380. 

I do have 3 boxes of S&B FMJ 92g 50 rds and 4 boxes of Blazer Aluminum 95g FMJ  50 rnds left over from my PPKs that I no longer need.

Online the going rate is $45/box for the .380, meanwhile the good citizens at gunbroker are selling 1000 small primers between 200-300.

Fair seems to be 1000 primers for 7 boxes. That being said, my goal is to learn to load my own rounds, and I am the one asking for something, if you have less to trade and need to ammo, I would work with you. 

As an aside, it was brought to my attention that shipping primers requires additional steps that the average citizen is not set up to do.

I have not researched it enough to understand the end to end of it, but want to be clear. While there may be a solution, I am not wanting, asking or encouraging anyone in this venue to break, skirt or sidestep the laws of the land. Please.

Thank you,

Shakes

37 minutes ago, Shakes Peare said:

As an aside, it was brought to my attention that shipping primers requires additional steps that the average citizen is not set up to do.

I have not researched it enough to understand the end to end of it, but want to be clear. While there may be a solution, I am not wanting, asking or encouraging anyone in this venue to break, skirt or sidestep the laws of the land. Please.

Thank you,

Shakes

Right you are , about shipping primers. Swapping for primers will just about have to be face-to-face. 

Good luck with your quest ,

Rex :D

Hello Shakes Peare,

Your trade price seems fair but there is the difficulty of shipping. If you know of anyone coming to Land Run, The Southwest Regional Championship in OKC next month, I would do a face to face trade at your terms.

Flat Top Okie

• Shakes Peare changed the title to Withdrawn with apologies WTT .380 acp cartridges for small pistol primers
16 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hello Shakes Peare,

Your trade price seems fair but there is the difficulty of shipping. If you know of anyone coming to Land Run, The Southwest Regional Championship in OKC next month, I would do a face to face trade at your terms.

Flat Top Okie

I appreciate it, I doubt it is in the cards this year. 

Archived