SASS Wire Forum

WTB lube sizer

Me too I think? Lol I'm just starting loading 45colt for cowboy. I have a couple box's of bullets getting powder have primers and dies etc I suspect I'll need to fit and lube bullets as I'm shooting true black?

With these crazy times, getting a lubesizer at any reasonable price is going to be a stroke of luck.  There are other things to try.

If you are shooting them in pistols,  often times regular lube bullets will get you by.  In a rifle, pull a wet bore snake through the bore between stages helps. 

You can put lube over top of the bullets in the chambers of the pistol - like cap and ball pistols. I did this so I could shoot an antique Frontier Six Shooter. 

If you just feel the need to lube but not size,  there are a number of ways to accomplish this without a lubesizer. 

Something to try while you're watching for a lubesizer. 

I have a lubesizer but I am not selling it just yet. But I did unbolt it from my bench and place it in storage as I am now PCing my bullets. It is a million times easier than using a lubesizer. After I am done PCing the bullets I spray some sizing lube on them and run them through a Lee push-through sizer. In reality that is a step I most likely don't need to take. FortuneCookie45LC has many videos of the process on Youtube.

48 minutes ago, Cholla said:

I have a lubesizer but I am not selling it just yet. But I did unbolt it from my bench and place it in storage as I am now PCing my bullets. It is a million times easier than using a lubesizer. After I am done PCing the bullets I spray some sizing lube on them and run them through a Lee push-through sizer. In reality that is a step I most likely don't need to take. FortuneCookie45LC has many videos of the process on Youtube.

I use mainly Bullet Corp coating, higher production rate the PC, but wanting to shoot some BP cartridge stuff so I need an actual lubed bullet.

HMM, I shoot lots of Blackpowder bullets, so does my daughter. What is this goopy BP lube you are referring to? Don't use it myself. And I'm pretty sure lubing my bullets with my lubrisizer is not a million times more difficult than using a PC coating. I mean, ya gotta size them anyway, right? Maybe I am just too lazy to try new things, instead of just using my Star sizer :)

I've been shooting BlackMZ with no lube at all.  When I got the old black powder Colt I wanted to shoot real black powder.   I got my old Lyman 450 out and lubed up a bunch with Javalina lube.  The lube is half beeswax and Alox. I understand it duplicated an old NRA mix.  It works great.  It was a labor of nostalgia.  I later ordered up some bullets from Missouri Bullet Company with black powder lube. 

Archived