SASS Wire Forum

Pie day

Perro Del Diablo

3 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Mincemeat for sure, but you gotta find one first!

I've given up asking.  Same for Shoo-Fly.  I'll sometimes ask for rhubarb, I'll even settle for the usual Strawberry-Rhubarb, but that is almost always sold out.  End up settling for cherry or apple.  Sometimes you can get Blueberry.

11 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I've given up asking.  Same for Shoo-Fly.  I'll sometimes ask for rhubarb, I'll even settle for the usual Strawberry-Rhubarb, but that is almost always sold out.  End up settling for cherry or apple.  Sometimes you can get Blueberry.

There's a small bakery about five miles from me, called J.J. Gandy that makes Mincemeat but usually only around XMas time.  But their main emphasis is pies, just about any kind.  There is another place about 25 miles away called The Pie Factory, but they don't make mincemeat.  All I have to do to go to either place is mention them to my youngest grand daughter and off we go.

Peach or pecan!

11 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

There's a small bakery about five miles from me, called J.J. Gandy that makes Mincemeat but usually only around XMas time.  But their main emphasis is pies, just about any kind.  There is another place about 25 miles away called The Pie Factory, but they don't make mincemeat.  All I have to do to go to either place is mention them to my youngest grand daughter and off we go.

I'm a big fan of what I call "Winter Pies."  Things like Shoo-Fly, Buttermilk, Vinegar, Mincemeat, even Pecan (although I find that one is usually tooth-achingly  sweet).  Things you would bake when your stores of fruit and preserved fruit were running low or out but you still wanted a pie of some sort.

10 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I’m thinking apple

Thanks, after stuffing myself at Outback Steakhouse today, I had a hankering for Cherry pie and they didn't have any! I got my second favorite Apple!

Now I'm fasting for most of tomorrow!:lol:

7 hours ago, Joe Cross, SASS #13848 L said:

Tart Cherry

Peach

Apple

Either pie or crisp...

this was where my mind went in that same order as well , ive been craving pie for a week now and so far ..........not given in , i suspect ill eat the whole thing when i do - no need to worry of radians and such , im thinking single serving much like pizza 

Archived