SASS Wire Forum

Got this today, slightly used , great price. I got this to go with my Heritage .22 and my Henry .22 rifle. Now I'm ready for the Buckar-OLD category!:P

IMG_2411.JPG

Still waiting for mine to land here in Denmark.

I ordered the same colour as yours.

I have a belt and holster from Galco awaiting it's arrival.

We've had a few in at the store. If we get one in in black cerakote, I might have to jump on it. "Crushed Orchid" though, doesn't quite suit me.

37 minutes ago, DocWard said:

We've had a few in at the store. If we get one in in black cerakote, I might have to jump on it. "Crushed Orchid" though, doesn't quite suit me.

For under $200 the color don’t matter to me at all!

BTW it’s called Burnt Bronze Ceracote, I kinda like it!

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

For under $200 the color don’t matter to me at all!

BTW it’s called Burnt Bronze Ceracote, I kinda like it!

We got a couple in in Burnt Bronze, and one in Silver. All went out pretty quickly. A number in Crushed Orchid though. I took a picture and sent it to Mrs. Doc. Even she was taken aback.

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Looks more like lilac.

2025-alt-300x125.jpg

Yikes!!!

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Looks more like lilac.

2025-alt-300x125.jpg

Looks like it's wantin' a can of Krylon.  Preferably black.  :rolleyes:

A lot of old single sixes turn purple. They call it "plum". Many people pay extra for that color.

Maybe that's the look they were going for.

I like mine real well. I shot them last weekend in "Plinkerton" category. They are still a little stiff, but worked well. Clean them before a match, the chambers are snug and residue may inhibit full seating making the cylinder drag. Only problem I had. And I was told it was easy enough to hear hits.

Imis

I have a silver and a bronze one, they are great shooters, been using them for rat patrol in the chicken coop, 

I lightened the main, trigger and loading gate springs a bit, 

I like them, but my son thinks the barrels are to short, he's used to 6 1/2" ones on his rough riders. 

Shot mine at our 22 match yesterday - no hitches or glitches. Not as smooth as my old single six, but, a good shooter for 200 bucks. Gonna shoot it in for a while before I take it apart and smooth it up and maybe change springs.

i still cant buy these in this state according to what i was told , i do have a pair of frontier scouts of 68 & 69 vintage that fill my holsters just fine and i consider them in the same catagory even if not in that price range [but then i already own them] as well as a single six and a peacemaker that fit the holsters [i already own them too] so im not looking to buy any wranglers yet , 

Archived