SASS Wire Forum

Climate Change 50 years ago

Patagonia Pete

People like her are why I have a snow shovel in my garage.  In 1975 when I came to Florida those people said and I quote " If we don't stop using Fossil fuel by the year 2000 the world will freeze over. "   Well its about 85 here today.   The greatest quote from the national weather service was in September 1979.  " We will know where the Hurricane is when it comes ashore."  They went to college for that. ;)

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Should this have been posted in the silent movie thread?

Or am I the only one where it did not have any sound?

Sometimes YouTube videos posted here automatically have the sound off.  Find the volume control on the video itself and turn it up.

48 minutes ago, dannyd said:

People like her are why I have a snow shovel in my garage.  In 1975 when I came to Florida those people said and I quote " If we don't stop using Fossil fuel by the year 2000 the world will freeze over. "   Well its about 85 here today.   The greatest quote from the national weather service was in September 1979.  " We will know where the Hurricane is when it comes ashore."  They went to college for that. ;)

Keep that shovel around. @DeaconKC got rid of his and darned if he didn't get lambasted this year with snow. :D

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Sometimes YouTube videos posted here automatically have the sound off.  Find the volume control on the video itself and turn it up.

That was the first thing I checked. There was not an X over the loudspeaker, and the volume control on my phone is all the way up. Still no sound.

I even tried what I've recommended to 40 to do, when he can't see something that Joe posted because it's on Facebook. I opened another browser.

Still no sound.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I even tried what I've recommended to 40 to do, when he can't see something that Joe posted because it's on Facebook. I opened another browser.

Still no sound.

Here .. try it right on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-5i1agG0Y&ab_channel=EndelRandoja

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I appreciate the try, Pete. Still no sound.

Weird I get no sound on my phone but I got sound on my IMac computer!

Archived