SASS Wire Forum

COFFEE!!!

Subdeacon Joe

Maybe that's why because I don't drink coffee:lol:

Stop teasing me ya basket!

Sawbones has me on some drugs that don't work with coffee, so I have to go without my morning heart starter.

20 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

So, you are never YOU

Exactly:wacko:

Every morning I wake up feeling kinda wiped out, sore etc. COFFEE is amazing after that first cup everything comes into sync!B)

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Every morning I wake up feeling kinda wiped out, sore etc. COFFEE is amazing after that first cup everything comes into sync!B)

A world wide phenomenon, Rye!

Juan Valdez makes a living off of that miracle. His Donkey does pretty well also. 

Howdy,

If any doc told me that he was prescribing something and I couldnt have

coffee with it......I would get at LEAST one more opinion.

I once had a lifelong druggist tell me coffee is amazing stuff and

they arent really sure why it is so beneficial in so many ways.

If someone out there doesnt like coffee, fine.

More for me.

Best

CR

8 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Stop teasing me ya basket!

Sawbones has me on some drugs that don't work with coffee, so I have to go without my morning heart starter.

What med is it?

JHC RPh

Neproxen (sp?)

Both knees need total replacement,  but the right knee muscles are badly inflamed and swollen, to the point I couldn't put any weight on the leg,

Starting to feel a little better and the swelling is going down., so getting around with a walker and a cane.

Looks like I exercised the knees too much, trying to keep the knee muscles strong for the surgery.

6 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

If any doc told me that he was prescribing something and I couldnt have

coffee with it......I would get at LEAST one more opinion.

I once had a lifelong druggist tell me coffee is amazing stuff and

they arent really sure why it is so beneficial in so many ways.

If someone out there doesnt like coffee, fine.

More for me.

Best

CR

My doctor told me that I should avoid alcohol - sez it's bad for my heart.

My cardiologist told me that if I wanted a drink, go ahead - in moderation it's good for my heart.

Guess which one I chose to believe!  ^_^

Wallaby speaks truly!
As for me and mine ...

... the Navy runs on coffee, and so do I!

i used to drink a lot of coffee - multiple 12 cup pots a day , i aged a bit and cut back some to about a pot of 12 cups , then aged a bit more and cut back a lot more to less than a half pot , today i drink a little every day - about a cup and on some days a bit more up to 20oz on a big day , but there is something about just the smell of fresh brewed in the morning that puts a smile on your face , heck just grinding my beans fresh does it for me 

My Grandpa drank between 3 and 4 quarts every day for as long as I could remember. He also had two over hard eggs and 2 slices of toast with home made jelly every morning for breakfast. Grandma readied a 1 gallon coffee pot every evening before she went to bed. At about 4 am she would get up, visit the bathroom and before returning to bed she would plug the pot in. When they got up at 5 the coffee would be done and Grandpa would have a cup. Grandma would wash and preheat three quart thermoses. Grandpa then put 4 teaspoons of sugar in each one before filling them with coffee.  By the end of the day, the pot and all three thermoses would be empty. Dad would stop by and drink a cup or two during the day but I never saw Grandma drink a cup

I was stationed overseas when I got a call letting me know he was sick and in the hospital. As part of that conversation it was mentioned that he wasn't drinking any coffee or eating breakfast. Scared me so badly that I packed my sea bag and flew home. He survived his one and only hospital stay and lived a few more years before crossing over. 

I still miss him.

My Grandpa used to say it doesn't take nearly as much water to make good coffee as some folks think.

On 3/14/2021 at 1:00 AM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

My doctor told me that I should avoid alcohol - sez it's bad for my heart.

My cardiologist told me that if I wanted a drink, go ahead - in moderation it's good for my heart.

Guess which one I chose to believe!  ^_^

My Father and I went to the same Doctor and after his heart surgery, at 82, Dr. J and his Cardiologist told us a few couple of glasses of wine each day was good for our hearts.

We believed him.

Dad lived until he was 95 and I'm currently 77, still drinking wine, (among others)

My ready stock in the kitchen where it's close to hand. The bulk stock is stored in racks in the basement.

Whites to the left - Reds to the Right!

Wine Rack 2015-12-31 00.30.41.jpg

9 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

My Father and I went to the same Doctor and after his heart surgery, at 82, Dr. J and his Cardiologist told us a few couple of glasses of wine each day was good for our hearts.

We believed him.

Dad lived until he was 95 and I'm currently 77, still drinking wine, (among others)

My ready stock in the kitchen where it's close to hand. The bulk stock is stored in racks in the basement.

Whites to the left - Reds to the Right!

Wine Rack 2015-12-31 00.30.41.jpg

Very cool... but ya got the bottles backwards, Kid!  :lol:

Reds should be on the left, and Whites - in the green bottles - should be on the right.  Port and Starboard~!  ^_^

Although, if you consider the wine rack as facing the "audience" (like flags on a stage), it would be correct....  :rolleyes:

buco-port-and-starboard-bronze-outdoor-lantern.jpg

When I lived in Oregon a doctor asked me how much coffee I drank. I said “Around 32 ounces a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.”

He said “You’ll be cutting that back.”

I got up, put my jacket on and started for the door.
He said “Where are you going I am not done yet!”

I said “Yes you are.” And I left. 

I found a new doctor. 

I worked in a steel shop that provided coffee. They figured the extra output was way worth the added expense. Over the years I've cut down because as I've gotten older, if I drink too much I have to pee every five minutes.

My father just brought me fresh beans from his trip to Ethiopia, this is going to be a good day.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

A world wide phenomenon, Rye!

Juan Valdez makes a living off of that miracle. His Donkey does pretty well also. 

Juan Valdez was Ricardo Mantalbon's brother.

Yes, it will be on the test.

Archived