SASS Wire Forum

Very Low

Subdeacon Joe

8 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Were those Douglas A-20 bombers?

Sort of, they were the British variant the Boston,  it lacked the rear turret and the heavier forward firing machine guns of the A-20.

2 hours ago, Chantry said:

Sort of, they were the British variant the Boston,  it lacked the rear turret and the heavier forward firing machine guns of the A-20.

Ha!  Went searching after reading your post.  That's what was throwing me off.  Without the rear turret it doesn't look the same.

I'll bet that was one cold SOB of a place to be at  most altitudes over fifteen feet and in the winter.

At 1:47, just after they've left the island and headed out into the channel, the narrator either says "those soft cliffs" or "those salt cliffs". Did anyone understand which he said?

Being they were white, I assumed they were the cliffs at Dover. Wiki says the cliffs at Dover are white because they are chalk.

I be puzzled.

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

At 1:47, just after they've left the island and headed out into the channel, the narrator either says "those soft cliffs" or "those salt cliffs". Did anyone understand which he said?

Being they were white, I assumed they were the cliffs at Dover. Wiki says the cliffs at Dover are white because they are chalk.

I be puzzled.

I thought he said “chalk cliffs”.

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

The planes had the Cross of Lorraine.  The Free French had their own planes????

9DD32F36-1923-490F-99F3-92E4E2D1B7BB.jpeg

53BF3710-08D6-43FB-90CA-A2F84762E199.jpeg

RAF had various foreign units in it.  Free French and Poles mostly. 

A few times I expected them to hit the truck with his left outside propeller.

So the message given is that if you throw a lump of garbage out your window in Texas, they will fly a large 4-engine bomber 15 feet above the highway, and with the prop wash scatter the trash over three acres?

Archived