SASS Wire Forum

$1400 shows up in my bank account this AM!

48 minutes ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Retired rancher, and nobody to pass it down to, so whenever there's an opportunity to sell a small piece of it to someone, I will. This is mostly capital gains tax from the sale of 130 acres of bare unimproved farm land/grazing property last fall over on the south side of the place. No power, no telephone, no road even, just a right-of-way. Sad to see it go, but I'm in my 66th year, and the place is just a liability now that it's not a working farm/ranch anymore. :mellow:

I sure hope you kept enough to have a rifle/pistol range out your back door.  That's another one of my dreams.

Farmland around here keeps getting sold and turned into subdivisions.  :(  Kids and grandkids don't want to farm so the land is split up for kids to build on or sell.  This was country-lite when we moved here.  Nearest house was 200 yards and there were only 3 houses on our little .25 mile road.  Nearest store was 10 miles.   Four new houses on our road with closest ~40 yards now.   Waaaay too many new houses have sprung up between home and "town" for my liking.  A new road just went in not far from here about 2 weeks ago for another subdivision.  Still better than city living, I guess.

Angus

2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

I sure hope you kept enough to have a rifle/pistol range out your back door.  That's another one of my dreams.

Angus

CAS range right off my deck, plus a 500 yard long-range with flags and target stands every 50 yards. I can go considerably farther, but I have to cut some trees to do it. I've got around 50 CAS targets set up. :)

SuitsTargets.jpg

PanoramaRange.jpg

I woke up to a $456 fraudulent charge attempt on my Visa card for an online purchase at Lowe's this morning. The charge had fraud earmarkings, so it was declined and I am now awaiting a new card to replace the one that was compromised somewhere...went through this about a year ago, same card company. 

ill not see this till the post office delivers it as i pat tax - i dont get refunds , i expect to use this to pay tax - both state and federal as we are getting a yzax increase no matter what bumbling bidden says 

On 3/13/2021 at 7:58 AM, Dantankerous said:

I wonder where most of that 1.9 trillion dollars is going? Certainly not into working American's pockets...

A whole lot of it went to friends of the Democratic politicians (cities like Santa Clara and San Francisco).

Ours arrived yesterday.  Mrs Wolfy asked me if I needed money.  

22 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Farmland around here keeps getting sold and turned into subdivisions.  :(  Kids and grandkids don't want to farm so the land is split up for kids to build on or sell.  This was country-lite when we moved here.  Nearest house was 200 yards and there were only 3 houses on our little .25 mile road.  Nearest store was 10 miles.   Four new houses on our road with closest ~40 yards now.   Waaaay too many new houses have sprung up between home and "town" for my liking.  A new road just went in not far from here about 2 weeks ago for another subdivision.  Still better than city living, I guess.

Angus

The farms on Eastern Long Island get sold for building lots to pay the inheritance taxes. A quarter acre is worth up too $250,000. Family has to pay inheritance based on that, not how much an acre can produce. 

Archived