SASS Wire Forum

Capital One Quicksilver

Alpo

Anyone know anything about this card?

I got an offer in the mail yesterday, and it seems like a decent offer. There's no yearly fee. And if I spend $500 on the card within the first 3 months (and that would not be a problem - I spend about $500 a month on my card anyhow, since I put as much as possible on the card) they will give me $200 cash. This seems like a great plan. They give me the card, I use it for 3 months, they give me $200, I just continue the card.

The problem is I cannot figure out what kind of card it is. Is it visa? Is it MasterCard? Those are both taken many places. But is it its own card, like discover? I remember it used to be a bitch trying to find some place that would take discover.

Doing web search I can find several places that tell me what a wonderful deal it is. And they all talk about "it's the Quicksilver card", but the only time they say anything about what type of card it is, if they say it is a cash card.

It would not do me any good to apply for this card if my local grocery store or gas station would not accept it.

So does anyone know anything about it? Is it one of the big Banks, like Visa or MasterCard? Is it accepted anywhere?

It is a MasterCard mystery to me ... s3.gif.4c7b4a103f8c33dab17a3663cd7151d8.gif

Don't know nothing abt them ... 

Found this ???!?

"While the Capital One Quicksilver card is a Visa for new applicants, the Capital One QuicksilverOne card is a Mastercard."

say what??!?!?

I have one (two cards actually - one account).

Each of my daughters have a card for emergencies and I have a couple of recurring bills going to it.

Pay it off monthly with no interest.

Have had no issues and occasionally receive e-mails/texts verifying larger purchases.

I started my banking career fifty years ago, working in the mailroom at Western States BankCard Association ~ the original Master Charge company.  About twenty-two years and four companies later I came to my senses and bailed out, by then a VP-grade department head and project manager with Bank of America.

Haven't had a bankcard credit card in years... just the thought gives me chills.  :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I Haven't had a bankcard in years... just the thought gives me chills.  :unsure:

Exactly.

We went to Spring Valley, for Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary. Daddy got a Master Charge card, because sometimes it was difficult buying gas. Sitting in the Amoco station with the Texaco card - that type of thing.

This was August of '69. We were supposedly going for the 50th anniversary. Actually we were running away from Camille.

But Daddy said he discovered something interesting. Here where they issued the card, they knew what it was. When we got to California, they knew what it was. But the country between here and there - them folks had no idea.

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I started my banking career fifty years ago, working in the mailroom at Western States BankCard Association ~ the original Master Charge company.  About twenty-two years and four companies later I came to my senses and bailed out, by then a VP-grade department head and project manager with Bank of America.

Haven't had a bankcard in years... just the thought gives me chills.  :unsure:

Just curious. How do you rent a car, buy airline tickets get a hotel room, make online purchases etc?

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Just curious. How do you rent a car, buy airline tickets get a hotel room, make online purchases etc?

Corrected my above ~ have not had a credit card in years.  I do use a debit card; debit cards were in their early days when I left the "industry."  

I told my son at an early age that if he even so much as thought about following his old man's footsteps I'd thump 'im.  

I swore off ever using Capitol One after the Germinater (SASS 77584 IIRC) passed in 2009. I called to cancel her card because she died. I got directed to a voicemail system. “Please say an spell the account holders first name” etc each one timing out before I finished. I quit figuring “I told them, XXX”

I got a letter for her in the mail, “because of information received your credit limit has been reduced to $1000.  “

Have a Capital One Master Card attached to my Costco membership number. That's the only thing I use that card for.

During the Covid Crap, I had mail delayed for some reason and got hit with their late fees applied to last months purchases and this months current buys.

I had repeatedly requested forms to pre-authorize the account payment and got nowhere, so now, I don't use the card for anything, although I have a $1.23 surplus on it that they kept telling me about every month, until after a year, they sent me a cheque for $1.23

I think I'll use their card again soon and over pay it, rounding up by more than $1.00, then let it ride again.

Or I may request pre-authorization forms before I take that action.

Petty I know, but I enjoy it.

Archived