SASS Wire Forum

**FOUND LOCALLY** Looking for a black powder "Plains Rifle"........

RIDGE WALKER

Please email me (NO PM's) with what you might have for sale to tomgraham01@msn.com

Please do not post your offering on this thread.....thank you!

It is a bad idea to put your email address in a WTB add.  Bad people surf web forums like ours looking for this.  Then they search the web and find a picture of what you are looking for and send it to you like they have it for sale.  Once you send the money you never hear from them again.  At least with a PM you stand a chance of knowing if they have a presence on the forum and can see how long they have been a member.  Just my two cents.

6 hours ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

What is a plains rifle?

A Hawken is considered to be a plains rifle. Lyman offers a plains rifle. From where I come from any Hawken-like rifle is considered a plains rifle. There is a left-hand version for sale here at the moment.

Hi Ridge Walker,

I'm selling a left handed Lyman Great Plains on the SASS wire. It's from the estate of a cowboy shooter. If you are interested in the left handed version, let me know and we can negotiate, it's listed at $600 obo.

Thanks,

Tully

1 minute ago, Tully Mars said:

Hi Ridge Walker,

I'm selling a left handed Lyman Great Plains on the SASS wire. It's from the estate of a cowboy shooter. If you are interested in the left handed version, let me know and we can negotiate, it's listed at $600 obo.

Thanks,

Tully

Please email me (NO PM's) with what you might have for sale to tomgraham01@msn.com

You will want to send him an email.

26 minutes ago, Cholla said:

You will want to send him an email.

Cholla, Thank you. Tully

25 minutes ago, Tully Mars said:

Hi Ridge Walker,

Thanks,

Tully

Need right handed rifle, but thank you!

9 hours ago, C. W. Knight # 47289L said:

What is a plains rifle?

Here is one of my prized possessions......this rifle was built by the incredible Mr. Rudy Marek back in the early to mid 1950's

Rudy hand built many exact replicas of historical US arms.....including cannons.  

He also owned many authentic originals.  At one point Rudy was employed by Colt as an engraver.  

The rifle shown is a .40 caliber with 45" barrel and overall length of 63" it's a conversion gun.

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4652.JPG

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

Thanks to all who have emailed me with offerings so far!!

Will give this a few more days and then will hopefully secure what I am after.

Regards,

Tom (Ridge Walker)

I was first made aware of Rudy Marek when I happened to come across one of my prized Smith & Wesson's that he engraved back in the 1950 timeframe.

Yes, was a Master Engraver as you can see by the work on my 3.5" 1950 production S&W Pre-27 (1st year production)

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

Sent you a PM with a link for the perfect Plains Rifle. Not mine.

• RIDGE WALKER changed the title to **FOUND LOCALLY** Looking for a black powder "Plains Rifle"........

Archived