SASS Wire Forum

Don't Forget This Weekend....

Subdeacon Joe

I got a gig Saturday night!  I SHOULD get to bed just in time for the time change!!  :rolleyes:

Haven't done that in 30 years.  Daylight savings time is one thing that I believe has outlived its usefulness. 

BS

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I got a gig Saturday night!  I SHOULD get to bed just in time for the time change!!  :rolleyes:

So this is how one gets ahead in the music biz, eh? ;)

I like daylight savings time changes. I get to find out who’s not smart enough to adjust a clock. It’s like a bi-annual free of charge IQ Test. Anyone that can’t figure it out is to be avoided and not trusted to handle anything sharp or that may cause harm. It’s a bonus gift to those of us that actually can walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)

10 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

There never was any usefulness.

I agree.

Cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it on the bottom does not give you a longer blanket.

35 minutes ago, Chuck Steak said:

That just means its time to change the batteries in my smoke detectors too !!!

Maybe even rejuvenate the power sources for all of my remotes...

That is what New Years Day and 4th of July are for. <g>

In my experience the people that really hated the time changes were those that didn’t like to drive or go to work in the dark. 

In California (before I moved back here) there was a election that included stopping the time changes and setting the clocks permanently on DST (one hour ahead for the “challenged”). It passed and was sent to Congress (opposite of progress) for approval. That has not happened. I am sure it will not. Congress has much more pressing work to do, like screwing this country into the ground. 

I think this thread should be pinned so that every 6 months we can all just refer back to one thread instead of rehashing the celebration, the whining, the crying, the animosity, the vitriol, the humor, that time change brings. 

Pat (what woke up in a testy mood) Riot

Well ... it looks like they are trying to step on DST again this year ...

Their current attempt ... the "Sunshine Protection Act of 2021" is on the table right now!! walkdog.gif.e743d36dfae6a803eda445504f744f64.gif

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/u-s-senators-unveil-bill-to-make-daylight-saving-time-permanent-as-more-states-try-to-end-time-changes/

We don't change clocks here in most of Arizona ... but ... the times end up shifting on all the TV shows ... sooooooo ... 

Once it gets warm(er) ... the sun is in already in fazer/stun mode by 6am so ... kinda academic (dog walks start at 5). 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I like daylight savings time changes. I get to find out who’s not smart enough to adjust a clock. It’s like a bi-annual free of charge IQ Test. Anyone that can’t figure it out is to be avoided and not trusted to handle anything sharp or that may cause harm. It’s a bonus gift to those of us that actually can walk and chew gum at the same time. ;)

Remember "Lohmann and Barkley"? Their "staff" had problems with the time change for days (weeks?).:D

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In my experience the people that really hated the time changes were those that didn’t like to drive or go to work in the dark. 

In California (before I moved back here) there was a election that included stopping the time changes and setting the clocks permanently on DST (one hour ahead for the “challenged”). It passed and was sent to Congress (opposite of progress) for approval. That has not happened. I am sure it will not. Congress has much more pressing work to do, like screwing this country into the ground. 

I think this thread should be pinned so that every 6 months we can all just refer back to one thread instead of rehashing the celebration, the whining, the crying, the animosity, the vitriol, the humor, that time change brings. 

Pat (what woke up in a testy mood) Riot

Strangely, when Daylight Saving Time became Federal Law, no state could stay on Daylight Saving Time except by US Congressional approval.

However, any state can stay on Standard Time without US Congressional approval.  Arizona is a state that stays on Mountain Standard Time.

9 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Remember "Lohmann and Barkley"? Their "staff" had problems with the time change for days (weeks?).:D

No. I don’t recall them. 

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

instead of changing the clocks and screwing up the whole planet how about starting schools and opening businesses an hour later or an hour earlier.....or is that too simple for even simple people.

40, I asked same sometime ago.  My brother, who owned a small retail business, said if businesses changed their hours, it wouldn’t be so simple.  Businesses would have to spend a lot of money reprinting signs, cards, ads, etc.  with the new hours.   Changing everyone’s clocks was much easier. 

I’m happy that here in Arizona we just stay on Standard Time and nothing has to be changed. 

Archived