SASS Wire Forum

RE: MARK II ANNEALER

I have been thinking about annealing my 45 Colt brass.   Is the Mark II Annealer  worth the Big $$.  I do not want to use propane that is why I am looking at this product.  Do you have to sort the brass as mine is usually a mix. What accessories would you need.    What else do I need to know.  Thanks Driftwood Dan

Are you shooting loads that are stretching and cold working the cases?   In general, annealling is done on necked valves like a 223 or 308.   Most straight wall pistol calibers don’t even stretch under light loads.  

I have an AMP.  It is amazing !!!!   I do anneal my 45Colt cases with it. Makes a difference when reloading and with accuracy. ( I see a real difference with my 24" Marlin setup for long range).  It is critical to correctly anneal 38-55 and 45-70 etc. cases for accuracy. Those cases are thin so temp. is critical.  I had a Bench Source machine but sold it.  The AMP from New Zealand takes all the worries away.  Of course I use it for bottleneck cases also. Everything from 223 to 50BMG.

Happy Jack Thanks,  I would use it for 45 Colt, 45-70 gov  and 223.  The cost of the Mark II Annealer is my only hold back in justification to the Banker (lol).

What accessories would you advise???  Driftwood Dan

1 hour ago, Marshall Matt Dillon said:

You going to anneal for blowback purposes?

For the 45 Colt this is the main reason (lighting Pump Rifle) and some split cases at the mouth after several reloadings.  DD

There are really no accessories for the AMP.  I have 11 different pilots for different cartridges.  The "auto feeder" doesn't really work right and is a total waste of money. (they can't even to get it working right at trade shows) It only takes about 1-2 seconds to anneal most cartridge cases up to 338. I did 100 260 Remingtons yesterday in about 15 minutes total from setup to put away.

Look at the Annealeez     it works.  I have one and the price is good.  I ordered it and several wheels at the same time.  I load and it runs the cases without me doing anything.

10 hours ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

There are really no accessories for the AMP.  I have 11 different pilots for different cartridges.  The "auto feeder" doesn't really work right and is a total waste of money. (they can't even to get it working right at trade shows) It only takes about 1-2 seconds to anneal most cartridge cases up to 338. I did 100 260 Remingtons yesterday in about 15 minutes total from setup to put away.

Happy Jack Thanks for the information.  DD 

6 hours ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Look at the Annealeez     it works.  I have one and the price is good.  I ordered it and several wheels at the same time.  I load and it runs the cases without me doing anything.

Pee Wee  Thanks for the information but I do not want to use propane.   DD

Archived