SASS Wire Forum

Cleaned a rifle -- What is this? It looks like saw dust.

Cholla

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

That rifle is obviously from Colorado. It's the last place the cops would look for contraband.

I think they voted to allow it here as well.

Since you said you noticed what looked like copper strips also-could it be lead shavings? In the pic some of the pieces look to have that dull shine like smeared lead? Some one shooting plated at the wrong diameter at some point?

6 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

Since you said you noticed what looked like copper strips also-could it be lead shavings? In the pic some of the pieces look to have that dull shine like smeared lead? Some one shooting plated at the wrong diameter at some point?

I washed most of the parts in a small clear plastic container. The bits and pieces  freely moved with any motion of the water and didn't fully sink. I pan for gold on occasion and lead acts like gold. This didn't act like that. The copper strips were minimal in the debris that came out. My impression was plant or wood fiber soaked with grease and oil. It was packed in. You can see the one piece in the upper right that actually formed to the corner of the receiver.

Now there's a new idea for the ATF "Nope, didn't lose my guns, turned em into bongs" "Oh okay Sir, have a nice day"

I've seen Marijuana smuggled in some strange places (before it was iegal).  Send some to Pale Wolf for field testing:P or put some in an ashtray, light it and see if it makes you hungry.

No charge for this free advice from a professional

Archived