SASS Wire Forum

RIP Cherokee Cloud Updated with memorial info

Sedalia Dave

Cherokee Cloud aka Rob Hilliard crossed over 8 March 2021. 

With his wife Silver Cloud

May be an image of 2 people, including Candace Womack Hilliard and people standing

RIP

Celebrating Cherokee

Obituary of Robert Clark Hilliard

Services for Rob Hilliard, aka Cherokee Cloud, are scheduled for Saturday, March 13 at 10 am at the West Erwin St. Church of Christ in Tyler, with Dr. Bill Allen officiating. A visitation will take place from 9 to 10 before the service.

Rob was born on November 20, 1942 to Robert and Lois Hilliard in Evansville, IN and passed away on March 8, 2021 at the age of 78 in Tyler. He spent over 45 years in the car parts management and he loved country music. He was also a gun smith and a member of Oakwood Outlaws in Oakwood as well as Old Fort Parker Patriots and SASS gun clubs. Rob enjoyed gun competition and was well known for his shooting abilities. He was a member of West Erwin Church of Christ in Tyler. Rob is survived by his wife of 6 years, Candace Womack Hilliard; sister, Margaret Sutherland of Paris; brother, Bill Hilliard of Lake Charles, LA; son, Robert Earl and wife, Kathy of Lindale; daughters, Cathleen and husband, Rich Brands and Robin and husband, James Bendall of Benton, AR. He is also survived by 8 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Old Fort. Parker Historical Site, 866 Park Road 35, Groesbeck, Tx. 76642.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/tyler-tx/robert-hilliard-10090453

Silver Cloud, I am so sorry!!!!!!  If there is anything I can do, let me know!   Was with him at Fort Parker in November!  Great Cowboy!  Really did a lot to help out at Fort Parker.  Always had a great story about his military days.  He and Silver Cloud had an anniversary in November.   He will be missed.   RIP

So sorry to get this news.  Sassy and I send our condolences.  We enjoyed shooting with the Clouds as recent as last October at Land Run.  May God comfort family and friends. 

Silver Cloud I am so very sorry to hear this, just got to talk to him for a few minutes at Land Run last oct. between stages and he was as upbeat as ever. He will be missed, God bless you . SCJ

Candace,

I'm so sorry to hear of Rob's passing today.

Shooting with the two of you at the Fort over the last few years was not as often as I would have liked,

but was always a pleasure that I would look forward to. 

Just talking with Rob and You would always put a Smile on my face, He will be Missed!

Prayers out to you and your Family. 

Love and God bless you,    Silver Sam and the Womack Family

Silver,  Celia and I are so sorry to hear about Rob.  It seems like something that just should have not happened. I have shot with him for years and have enjoyed being with both of you every time we shot together. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Blackfoot Drifter aka Gary Bass

He was a man to ride the river with. Rest In Peace Cherokee. 

• Sedalia Dave changed the title to RIP Cherokee Cloud Updated with memorial info

Celebrating Cherokee

Obituary of Robert Clark Hilliard

Services for Rob Hilliard, aka Cherokee Cloud, are scheduled for Saturday, March 13 at 10 am at the West Erwin St. Church of Christ in Tyler, with Dr. Bill Allen officiating. A visitation will take place from 9 to 10 before the service.

Rob was born on November 20, 1942 to Robert and Lois Hilliard in Evansville, IN and passed away on March 8, 2021 at the age of 78 in Tyler. He spent over 45 years in the car parts management and he loved country music. He was also a gun smith and a member of Oakwood Outlaws in Oakwood as well as Old Fort Parker Patriots and SASS gun clubs. Rob enjoyed gun competition and was well known for his shooting abilities. He was a member of West Erwin Church of Christ in Tyler. Rob is survived by his wife of 6 years, Candace Womack Hilliard; sister, Margaret Sutherland of Paris; brother, Bill Hilliard of Lake Charles, LA; son, Robert Earl and wife, Kathy of Lindale; daughters, Cathleen and husband, Rich Brands and Robin and husband, James Bendall of Benton, AR. He is also survived by 8 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Old Fort. Parker Historical Site, 866 Park Road 35, Groesbeck, Tx. 76642.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/tyler-tx/robert-hilliard-10090453

Archived