SASS Wire Forum

Performers that You Wouldn't Every Expect to Perform Together

Sedalia Dave

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

Metallica and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic. Was pretty good!

I think there was another Philharmonic as well that played with Metallica, it was excellent. Saw it a few years ago.

Bing Crosby and David Bowie!!

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I have a cd they recorded , a friend of mine Joey Lovano, played sax on that album and gave me a copy. It’s really good stuff! 

I like Alison Krauss, one of the most talented musicians and vocalists in country and bluegrass music.

Kajun

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Robert Plant (of Led Zeppelin) and Alison Kraus

I would have loved to have caught them when they toured, but it wasn't in the cards, unfortunately. The interplay between their voices is amazing. In the CMT performance the above clip is taken from they did a version of Zep's Black Dog that was slow, and as Mrs. Doc put it, "just dirty." She meant that in a good way. It really was attention getting, to say the least. Live, they also did a version of Zep's Battle of Evermore and I would say her vocals outmatched the original of Sandy Denny. Which is saying something.

1 minute ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Gaga has actually had classical training, I believe. There's more to that lady than just the outrageous wardrobe......:rolleyes::lol::blush:

She has an incredible voice, no doubt. You're just talking about her voice, right?

36 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I would have loved to have caught them when they toured, but it wasn't in the cards, unfortunately. The interplay between their voices is amazing. In the CMT performance the above clip is taken from they did a version of Zep's Black Dog that was slow, and as Mrs. Doc put it, "just dirty." She meant that in a good way. It really was attention getting, to say the least. Live, they also did a version of Zep's Battle of Evermore and I would say her vocals outmatched the original of Sandy Denny. Which is saying something.

And here you go!

15 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I like Alison Krauss, one of the most talented musicians and vocalists in country and bluegrass music.

As they say Allison could sing the phone book and it would be great. I saw her here in Reno in 2019. She opened for Willie and Family. WOnderful mix of music on her part. And Willie was great.

19 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Gaga has actually had classical training, I believe. There's more to that lady than just the outrageous wardrobe......:rolleyes::lol::blush:

According to my friend Joey Lovano who lives in NY and knows Lady Gaga, she’s an excellent pianist, jazz and classical!

Joey Lovano has won a couple Grammys for jazz albums, he’s an excellent sax player! 

On 3/8/2021 at 10:13 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

WOW!!!!  That is GREAT!!!  I've always liked Dolly's "Joline" but, seriously, that is the best version I've heard!!

Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Roy Orbison!! 

Archived