SASS Wire Forum

Good morning???

Can you say 'emotional' rollar coaster???  
Look out the front door to a masacre!!!  
Fur and fluid everywhere!!!  
We are used to the occasional blood bath of a bird, or the occasional intrels of a vole or rat...  
But this...THIS was big.

We had Momma Kitty in to get her fixed...had tried several attempts, but I could never bring myself to take her in pregnant.  
After just a week inside, and her not happy about it...I let her out Sat. and had to 'bring' her in that night, against her will.(Mine was stronger)  
Last night she hid out!  
So, with no sign of a carcass, and the golden snags of fur found in the other fluffs of gray and white...I was near tears thinking a 'yote had gotten our sweet girl.  
I broomed the mess, and seeing red on the base of the door as well as  porch, wondered how we slept through the battle.  
I had wandered the front of the property, calling her...  
And came inside.  
I spoke my concern to Shanley, and then I heard that familiar "Meuw".  
All is right in my world now!

0308210808.jpg

2 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I got a call Nala been hit by car. Had to work all day thinking about it. Pulling in driveway that evening she came around corner to meet me. Other cat we never found out where she came from so buried her.

It is nerve wracking, for sure.

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I spoke my concern to Shanley, and then I heard that familiar "Meuw".  

"Meuw?"

She has an accent?  :)

We often had feral cats around the farm.  I'd see them elsewhere hunting far from any home.  But none in the past couple of years.  We now have an abundance of eagles and large hawks. I'm thinking... There is a more deadly predator higher up on the food chain.

17 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

We often had feral cats around the farm.  I'd see them elsewhere hunting far from any home.  But none in the past couple of years.  We now have an abundance of eagles and large hawks. I'm thinking... There is a more deadly predator higher up on the food chain.

You bet.

We have the Momma, and one Male still around.

Few hawks in the immidiate area...but 'yotes and such.

I try not to attach to the working animals...but that Momma is something else!

23 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Or someone else is feeding the ferals more than you were. Got the give the cats something to make them stick around to get your rats. But have to become friendly enough to make sure the kitty food is not going to those same rats.

And other predators might be taking the prey the cats would have taken.

When we first 'rescued' Momma and 4 kittens...she was always around.

Then we went on our first trip...came home, and no sign fir days.

A neighbor said she had a cat show up in her hay barn...but it was gone.

I looked out the door,and there she was!!!

Neighbor said she always knew, from that point on, that the Shanleys must be gone!

I swear she sees the rig coming down the street, and heads home!

You just ruined my Grump this morning!

Good morning to you!

My brother got a call a couple weeks ago from out neighbor who said our outside cat (she adopted us about 5 years ago) was in his flowerbed and her eye looked really bad so he picked her up and put her in a travel kennel they had and put her in his garage.  Brother left his work and headed home but it was at least 3 hours before he got home.  Her eye had popped out of the socket and was almost black.  He call a couple vets that freinds had suggested and finally talked with an animal hospital about 10 miunutes from our house.  He then called me on the phone to let me know we were going to have a one eyed cat.  The eye was basically dead because it had been out too long without moisture so they had to remove it.  The doc looked and could not see and trama from a fight or a hit so we are not sure what happened.  This last Monday I took her back to the hospital and they took the stamples out and she was back home about 20 minutes after we had left that morning.  She seems to be doing OK but appears to sometimes have issues with judging distance when jumping up onto things.  When she was back home after the surgery I had problems petting her without getting all choked up almost to the point of crying.  Took me two days to get past that.  I still fell sorry for her but she appears to be doing well.  Her eating habits changed slightly but maybe that will pass.  Sorry did not mean to ramble but it was good to write about our Fur Baby, we call her Meow Meow.

Archived