SASS Wire Forum

45 Walker Magnum

Okiepan

Has anyone converted their uberti walker with the conversion cylinder to the walker BP Magnum ?

I understand that the cylinder has to be honed out ( reamed ) to accept a 460 case topped with a .452 255 gr 

Those that have attempted to shoot this behumeh how was accuracies down range ?

any other thoughts on this project please share .

Thank ya 

I have not done it to my Walker, but I have given it thought.   Then again, it's got plenty of oomph with "full power" .45 Colts, so I don't know if I really wanna try it or not.

Are you talking about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Black_Powder_Magnum#:~:text=The .,a wildcat cartridge of the .

Here's a Youtube of it...

I my opinion this is walking a fine line between what can be done and what should be done.  The Walker is a very strong gun, and the conversion cylinders out there made by Kirst are very high quality, what is your desired end result?  If it is purely for the novelty of having something different then go for it.  If you are looking for 454 Casull level performance you will be far better off putting your money towards a Ruger SRH, BFR, or FA revolver.

I can't remember who was/is offering this conversion service on the Walker, but it entailed more than just re-chambering the cylinder. I seem to recall a heat treatment(?) on some of the parts. 

I have a Dragoon that was converted.  It is hands down the coolest hand gun I have shot.  Gary Barnes at www.cartridgeconversion.com built it for me several years ago.  It is very accurate.  It is nowhere near 454, balisticlly it is close to a 357mag.

video

Slim, I'm pretty sure I bought my brass from you.

Howdy Fellas,

I have a Gary Barnes converted 3rd model Dragoon in .45 Colt. I just shoot regular cowboy loads in it and it is loaded with style points. It's HEAVY, and its hard to stop when shooting sweeps and it really weighs down the gunboat, but it is a hoot and I love it. That being said, I have never considered "magnumizing" it. 

Rev. Chase

Archived